Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Theresa May
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
if we don't leave the EU, i will be moving to France i think...

And there was me thinking France was part of the EU.

and?

Your previously stated position was that the UK should leave the EU to 'take back control' from all the unelected Belgium bureaucrats (because unelected UK bureaucrats are better).

You now state that if this is not achieved to your satisfaction you will go and live in a country more wedded to the EU bureaucratic hierarchy, with presumably no vote on the political direction that country should take in the future.

I will confess to no great understanding of the difference in small business regulation between UK and France, but I don't hear of France being a European hotbed for entrepreneurial spirit.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
My friends in france are mainly french, not ex pats, and as a european i'd rather see out the mess there than continue to support the elitist ideology from such a hard place to run a small business...

Hmm, so you'd rather be outside the box pi$$ing in, much like our favourite TT expat?

you seem quite determined to continue the ad hominem comments rather than debating or addressing why my position is not a reasonable one to take.

I am simply not a fan of neoliberal elitism...the behaviour of the EU, particularly since 92, has been dismal...

...so why would you move to a country inextricably linked to all that is bureaucratic and inertial in the EU Question Are you not willing to accept the irony of it? Using Latin won't change that Smile

Do you foresee running a small business becoming easier under a meaningful Brexit, and more like it is in France, because you see it as more favourable there? Despite the fact it's one of the EU powerhouses. Or something else? Can you clarify, because I'm not clear on the logic. Rather I'm sensing a 'Cake & Eat it' scenario, and I refer you back to my comments about expats.

Many reasons for going to France, mainly for the space so that i can distance myself from all those who think that the EU has our best interests at heart. Their behaviour throughout the whole process typifies both the lack of understanding and the commitment to this particular ideology.

What i see being eroded is freedom of expression without which you don't have democracy.

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
if we don't leave the EU, i will be moving to France i think...

And there was me thinking France was part of the EU.

and?

Your previously stated position was that the UK should leave the EU to 'take back control' from all the unelected Belgium bureaucrats (because unelected UK bureaucrats are better).

You now state that if this is not achieved to your satisfaction you will go and live in a country more wedded to the EU bureaucratic hierarchy, with presumably no vote on the political direction that country should take in the future.

I will confess to no great understanding of the difference in small business regulation between UK and France, but I don't hear of France being a European hotbed for entrepreneurial spirit.

This is a very difficult country to stand still in and, at some increasingly distant date in the future, I will retire.

At present, I have no reliable vote which is consistent with any other country which has not wished to join r stay in the EU.

I am perplexed as to why having one set of "unelected bureaucrats" is not enough? The though that two sets is better is, frankly, risible...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write this flippantly (in case of doubt) to lighten the mood a little...

If ‘people’ had listened to me more 20 years ago, and then 10 years ago, the U.K. and the EU might not be where they are problem wise.

Now the serious bit..

Now that I am trying again (elsewhere) hopefully the Establishment will see the potential in me. I am not holding my breath though.

Now back to the flippant bit....

Sloggers for Secretary General of the UN!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
let's lighten the mood by talking about me again, and how perceptive I am

You'd be better off getting Twitter & Instagram accounts than posting on a triathlon forum; and see how many followers you can get.

Yes, that was a little ad hominem I grant you; but seriously, you sound like a broken record Smile
2 scheds

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

I wouldn't Bank (e Moon) on it!

#stillGotIt
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 scheds wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

I wouldn't Bank (e Moon) on it!

#stillGotIt
fantastic 2 scheds! Very Happy

Jorgan

Fair comment but as they say the shy bairn gets no sweeties.

It’s all about pausing for thought and energy threads.

Mind you could argue that the whole of off topic is best elsewhere as well.

Perhaps I should just get a cut in half IM tattoo? What would be better, the I or the M or both cut in half? In which case do I keep the upper half or the lower, or do I go diagonal?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Many reasons for going to France, mainly for the space so that i can distance myself from all those who think that the EU has our best interests at heart. Their behaviour throughout the whole process typifies both the lack of understanding and the commitment to this particular ideology.

What i see being eroded is freedom of expression without which you don't have democracy.

I can sympathise with wanting to go to a country with space, a less frenetic pace, more happy with itself perhaps. I haven't had a proper trip to France for many years, but I always loved it. In the interim I have discovered and lived in Germany for 4 years, and my perspective of that country changed hugely. Both wedded to the EU in different ways. France a country happy being what it is, Germany a country desperate to forget it's recent history and move-on. Much to love about both countries, but in particular the amount of real estate they have. North America has always appealed to me, life in the Rockies.

Anyway, have you considered Canada or Russia? Shed loads of space, and none of that EU nonsense in sight Very Happy
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes send him to Siberia. Like your thinking.

There is plenty of space in Scotland btw.
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Yes send him to Siberia. Like your thinking.

There is plenty of space in Scotland btw.

Renton wrote:

It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference

Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago, we were staying in a B&B in Durness on the far north coast of Sutherland. I asked the proprietor if she'd been 'down south' much i.e. meaning England. To which she replied "aye, I've been to Dingwall" Laughing

In my experience, the best place to live in Scotland is just north/west of Glasgow. Easy access to the city and the wilderness.

Last edited by Jorgan on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to love Trainspotting!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

I can sympathise with wanting to go to a country with space, a less frenetic pace, more happy with itself perhaps. I haven't had a proper trip to France for many years, but I always loved it. In the interim I have discovered and lived in Germany for 4 years, and my perspective of that country changed hugely. Both wedded to the EU in different ways. France a country happy being what it is, Germany a country desperate to forget it's recent history and move-on. Much to love about both countries, but in particular the amount of real estate they have. North America has always appealed to me, life in the Rockies.

Anyway, have you considered Canada or Russia? Shed loads of space, and none of that EU nonsense in sight Very Happy

Canadian education is even worse than ours...and US worse still at the moment....spent time working in the US...there is much that appeals and much that doesn't...

Russia is interesting, but corrupt. i will be there next year...

Not sure that france is wedded to the UK unless you mean a couple always on the point of divorce...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Many years ago, we were staying in a B&B in Durness on the far north coast of Sutherland. I asked the proprietor if she'd been 'down south' much i.e. meaning England. To which she replied "aye, I've been to Dingwall" Laughing

In my experience, the best place to live in Scotland is just north/west of Glasgow. Easy access to the city and the wilderness.

just got back from Glasgow last night...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: