Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Update me!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Koalafish still owes money,,,,,,,probably Wink

That came up on the FB group last week. I managed to track his location down; I could give Lonestar a current work email address if he's interested Very Happy
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

That came up on the FB group last week. I managed to track his location down; I could give Lonestar a current work email address if he's interested Very Happy

hehe I'm not on FB. That was a mighty saga Very Happy Can you use your detective skills to measure a pool in Haiti? Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

hehe I'm not on FB. That was a mighty saga Very Happy Can you use your detective skills to measure a pool in Haiti? Wink

or find a sub in the South Atlantic?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Urgh, they are being so ST about that. Yes she's a publicity hungry Instawhore who has bitten off way more than she can chew, but geez....lighten-up Laughing

Let me login and re-task an NSA satellite later today.

Last edited by Jorgan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Urgh, they are being so ST about that. Yes she's a publicity hungry Instawhore who has bitten off way more than she can chew, but geez....lighten-up Laughing

AH and ST deserve each other really. 50% of the training and power reports are BS on ST. If they were true, all those folks would have gone to Kona multiple times. Some of them talk about 300 FTP like they've just rolled out of bed, and they can all swim 1.20/100 mtrs Rolling Eyes
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

AH and ST deserve each other really. 50% of the training and power reports are BS on ST. If they were true, all those folks would have gone to Kona multiple times. Some of them talk about 300 FTP like they've just rolled out of bed, and they can all swim 1.20/100 mtrs Rolling Eyes

ST is definitely comes across as elitist; the Forum users have created an environment where only better athletes feel confident to post i.e. it's not very novice friendly. That and they obsess over the smallest equipment details to save a couple of watts, when they could just do a bit more structured training Rolling Eyes

The chain lube thing; that's ridiculous.

Last edited by Jorgan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

ST is definitely comes across as elitist; the Forum users have created an environment where only better athletes feel confident to post i.e. it's not very novice friendly. That and they obsess over the smallest equipment details to save a couple of watts, when they could just do a bit more structured training Rolling Eyes

The most anal I remember it being was when they were discussing the drag difference between different types of hydro straws!

Oh, and the guy asking how to make flat coke Very Happy
2 scheds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Oh, and the guy asking how to make flat coke Very Happy

Flat diet coke?

Laughing
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Very Happy

1. Get your sports visualisation training books out.
2. Read them.
3. Visualise yourself in the pool, at whatever end you want.
4. Visualise yourself swimming. Count the strokes till you bump your hand.
5. Compare your stroke length to real,life measurements. Behave now.
6. Repeat from side to side.
7. Get home for tea and biccies.

(I wonít bore you with the practical problem of connecting to a specific swimming pool).

Hey the question was asked, so I answered it!

Jorgan relax, i just had a moments fun and I was answering a question. Twisted Evil
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Earth would be faster, easier and more accurate Sloggers Laughing
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
sure, but where would the mental stimulative challenge be from that!

Thatís the downside to this intuitive stuff, for most purposes it surplus to requirements nowadays given that there are mobiles in every home, and global home databases, la de lade la.

I just wish I could do crossword puzzles. Now they baffle me.

Mind you I am still baffled how planes donít have always on transponders that would show where they are.

Itís Elonís Musks Nuralink that intrigues me. Give itís stated purpose, who it is recruiting, I reckon that they could read documents in locked safes with the right intuitives. Conceptually its a simple process (in practice no doubt hugely problematic though.) Try getting google earth to look inside a locked safe!

Anyhow I will refrain. Only responding to you Jorgan.

Sorry couldnít resist, do you think that I should write a paper on how to read documents in a locked safe? Conceptually its a dawdle, combining technology with intuitives and a bit of maths. The training may take some time, but I would not be surprised if that is old hat within a couple of decades. (May already be for all I know).

Wonder if GCHQ are on it! If not just give me my half trillion and I will fund it.

Could set it up in one of 2scheds, sheds. Laughing
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
sure, but where would the mental stimulative challenge be from that!

Thatís the downside to this intuitive stuff, for most purposes it surplus to requirements nowadays given that there are mobiles in every home, and global home databases, la de lade la.

I just wish I could do crossword puzzles. Now they baffle me.

Mind you I am still baffled how planes donít have always on transponders that would show where they are.

Itís Elonís Musks Nuralink that intrigues me. Give itís stated purpose, who it is recruiting, I reckon that they could read documents in locked safes with the right intuitives. Conceptually its a simple process (in practice no doubt hugely problematic though.) Try getting google earth to look inside a locked safe!

Anyhow I will refrain. Only responding to you Jorgan.

Sorry couldnít resist, do you think that I should write a paper on how to read documents in a locked safe? Conceptually its a dawdle, combining technology with intuitives and a bit of maths. The training may take some time, but I would not be surprised if that is old hat within a couple of decades. (May already be for all I know).

Wonder if GCHQ are on it! If not just give me my half trillion and I will fund it.

Could set it up in one of 2scheds, sheds. Laughing

I know plenty of people that would find looking something up on Google Earth to be a massive mental challenge!! Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: