Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Favourite Bike - you own

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Your Favourite Bike - you own Reply with quote

Mine has to be my Canyon Endurace CF SLX. Love the comfort and compliance of it, and even with deep carbon wheels & disc brakes it's only 7.5kg. It has the Gucci one-piece bar/stem and integrated Garmin mount. All in all, it's just so comfortable and makes we smile every time. 400km Audax? No problem.

Other bikes:
Trek Speed Concept Gen 1 (argh I'm fed-up of tri-bar neck/shoulder pain)
Boardman Team CX (commuter)
Giant Team XTC (MTB I've not ridden since 2010!)
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bikes:
Litespeed Blade - Tri & Turbo
Van Nicholas Euros - General riding
Dialled Bikes Kobe Ti - Hardtail MTB (gets ridden about once a year, must get out more)
Brompton S Type - Commuting

Whilst the Blade is my dream bike, and has been since I first saw one, (Plus LA riding a camouflaged one in the TdF) dare I say it on this forum, but I do have a bit of thing about the Brompton! It just seems to have more character than the other bikes but can't put my finger on it.

On the other hand if I could only keep one it would probably be the Van Nicholas as the best all rounder, that's with my practical head on.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Favourite Bike - you own Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Mine has to be my Canyon Endurace CF SLX. Love the comfort and compliance of it, and even with deep carbon wheels & disc brakes it's only 7.5kg. It has the Gucci one-piece bar/stem and integrated Garmin mount. All in all, it's just so comfortable and makes we smile every time. 400km Audax? No problem.

Other bikes:
Trek Speed Concept Gen 1 (argh I'm fed-up of tri-bar neck/shoulder pain)
Boardman Team CX (commuter)
Giant Team XTC (MTB I've not ridden since 2010!)

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc, I got mine down to sub 7kg, with Roval SLX 32 wheels, DA chainset, SRAM PG1190 cassette Fizik Antares 00, Pirelli P0 TT tyres

It is a great bike, and so much more comfortable than anything else I own. DI2 and Disc brakes add some weight, but it is still a really light bike, I also tend to ride with Vitoria Corse G+ tyres, even if they do add 100g
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Your Favourite Bike - you own Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc, I got mine down to sub 7kg

That's an expensive 500g on an already expensive bike though! Although just going tubeless would potentially save about 200g rotating weight I suppose.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Van Nick Euros. Iíve done everything on it; training, racing, tting, triathlon, commuting, audax. I give it a rub with a wet wipe and it looks brand new. If my shed was on fire, that would be what I would save first. Many other bikes have come and gone in the last 10 years, but Iíll never get rid of my Van Nic.
SF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
My Van Nick Euros. Iíve done everything on it; training, racing, tting, triathlon, commuting, audax. I give it a rub with a wet wipe and it looks brand new. If my shed was on fire, that would be what I would save first. Many other bikes have come and gone in the last 10 years, but Iíll never get rid of my Van Nic.

Along the same lines I think I've had my Airborne Zeppelin for at least 14 years. Can't quite remember - For those of you that don't know VN rose from the Airborne ashes.

Chucked new wheels and running gear on it over the years. Frame is still a delight to ride and look at it. I've got little time for these new fangled tube and frame shapes!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my bikes are loved....and, in case anyone is casing the joint, they are not all loacted in the asme place:

TT bike - Cervelo P3C currently on the turbo trainer ready for the autumn turbo fest. Usually ride Zipp 808s
Main road bike - Cervelo R3 bought in NZ, Di2, usually ride Zipp 303s
Winter Road Bike - Cervelo S1 with DT Swiss wheels for the longer rides, looking a bit tired now
CX - Canyon SLX8 Pro race, use for commuting
MTB - Cube carbon 29er
Hack bike - Genesis Flyer single speed

I still have my old Zipp 2001 frame and components and I may one day rebuild it...

Plus Mrs eJC has a couple of bikes too....

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Chrace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard choice between my Spesh Venge Disc and Snappy (a carbon repaired Lapierre XR929). Both are stupidly fast, good fun to ride and exceed my skill level by far.

Until the Venge nothing toppled my old Scott CR1 Pro (sold ages ago).
Doca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specialized Shiv. Only bike I have that I really like but I like it a lot Smile
BigFoz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got too many, but 2 stand out - my '95 Colnago Super Piu, with record 9spd and Delta brakes and custom paint. Fabulous bike that I love to ride. 8.9Kg without bottles / pump / tools.

And my daily bike, which has usurped most of the others. Rebuilt 1983 Carlton Professional Mk 5, retromodded with Campag Racing-T 9spd triple and Fulcrum wheels. 9.8Kg with pump / tools.

Don't really care about the weight. I'm still an entire bike or two overweight, so don't care about weight weenieing - I've lost 25Kg in 6 years, and still going. When I get down another 20, then I'll think about whether the bike is too heavy...
kevb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look 566 (Buzz), nice weather bike, the comfiest and most stable bike I've ever ridden, don't see many Look bikes about either

Vitus Zenium SL disc (Ozzy), commuting and winter rides, it's pretty light for what it is and a decent ride, just can't sort the cable discs out though!

Fuji Norcom Straight 2.3 (Jasper), TT race bike, another amazingly comfy bike that got me round wales last year with no drama whatsoever....I love this bike Smile

Quintana Roo Seduza (Skippy), stolen recovered converted to road bars and now lives in the south of France and gets ridden a couple of weeks of the year.

In order of favorites; Jasper, Buzz, Skippy, Ozzy!
FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is my Cervelo S1.

My wife doesn't subscribe to the N+1 rule of bikes, so I went for this as it gave me both road and TT positioning on the bike without having to over-extend my back. It's pretty comfortable, particularly since I added the Adamo nadger-dangle seat.

Other bike:
On-One 27.5" mountain bike (can't remember model name - it's the one they did in the unsealed frame that kinda goes mottley).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: