Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Breckland C.C. 50 yesterday with a time of 2:02:43

Pleased with the time for my first ever 50, now have a pb to beat!
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work!

And close enough to sub 2 for it to be a nice carrot over Winter....

1:53:20 for me, enjoyed the race, lovely day for it. Pretty drama free ride all told once we started.

A bit up in the air before the start - had they gone with the 'revised' course we would have had that rough stretch to/from the Wymondham rdb 5 times instead of twice. That would not have been nice....
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Good work!

1:53:20 for me, enjoyed the race, lovely day for it. Pretty drama free ride all told once we started.

A bit up in the air before the start - had they gone with the 'revised' course we would have had that rough stretch to/from the Wymondham rdb 5 times instead of twice. That would not have been nice....
Gotta say I was mighty pleased when they said it was going to be original course not alternative, that rough section is awful!

Great time that is! Wind did seem to pick up a bit towards the end but very nice conditions for the ride
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluepoolshark wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:
Good work!

Gotta say I was mighty pleased when they said it was going to be original course not alternative, that rough section is awful!

Great time that is! Wind did seem to pick up a bit towards the end but very nice conditions for the ride

Nice one BPS 👍

Other side of the fence for me as I知 promoting my first Open tt. Think I致e remembered everything...?🤔
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Bluepoolshark wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:
Good work!

Nice one BPS 👍

Other side of the fence for me as I知 promoting my first Open tt. Think I致e remembered everything...?🤔

Which one are you promoting? Surely you've missed a free opportunity to mention it there!
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I did a while back. Kingston Phoenix 50 on the H50/8 course. Will probably running it next year too (although potentially earlier in the season)
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Pretty sure I did a while back. Kingston Phoenix 50 on the H50/8 course. Will probably running it next year too (although potentially earlier in the season)

Ah - must've missed it. Anyways nice one - I'm doing this 50 so look forward to the exceptional organisation Smile Our club got an email asking for entrants as numbers were looking a bit low, so thought I'd try out a 50 - bricking it! Obviously seems like you got enough to run the event which is great!
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
Good luck with that, hope it goes well for you! Smile
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

Ah - must've missed it. Anyways nice one - I'm doing this 50 so look forward to the exceptional organisation Smile Our club got an email asking for entrants as numbers were looking a bit low, so thought I'd try out a 50 - bricking it! Obviously seems like you got enough to run the event which is great!

Awesome! Make yourself known and there値l be an extra large slice of cake waiting for you at the HQ 🍰
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluepoolshark wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
Good luck with that, hope it goes well for you! Smile

Cheers mate.
JeffB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done BPS, excellent time for your first 50, and TRO for a 1:52, impressive.

Jeff
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:

Awesome! Make yourself known and there値l be an extra large slice of cake waiting for you at the HQ 🍰

Apologies for not introducing myself, had planned to after the event but was in no fit state to do much after the race! Short story is that I bonked massively and barely crawled back from the finish.

After signing back in I sat in the car for a bit afterwards, got changed, then drove to McDonalds for something salty and coke, and had to sleep for an hour before getting home and sleeping a bit more. Not sure what happened really!

Anyways - the event was really well organised, good signing on the middle roundabout and it was great having marshalls at each exit of both roundabouts either end. Chapeau!
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilleusPhogg wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

Apologies for not introducing myself, had planned to after the event but was in no fit state to do much after the race! Short story is that I bonked massively and barely crawled back from the finish.

After signing back in I sat in the car for a bit afterwards, got changed, then drove to McDonalds for something salty and coke, and had to sleep for an hour before getting home and sleeping a bit more. Not sure what happened really!

Anyways - the event was really well organised, good signing on the middle roundabout and it was great having marshalls at each exit of both roundabouts either end. Chapeau!

No problems PP👍 And thanks for the feedback. Will aim to get more cowbells out, next time. Sorry your had a hard time. The night before the weather was looking perfect but the wind got up and the temperature never climbed to the levels predicted, although I知 guessing that it was the blustery wind that kept things cool. Thanks for supporting the event; it looks like we値l be sending of a cheque for about 」500 to the London Air Ambulance.
JeffB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm supposed to be doing a 25 on Sunday but also entered a lumpy 90 mile sportive on Saturday so can't imagine it will be very pleasant, weather isn't looking great and if it's wet I won't risk it. It's more the idiot motorists that put me off.

Also been confirmed for the National 50 in 2 weeks, just hoping to avoid coming last. Anyone else doing it?

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:07:14 for a 30 miler over the weekend.

Legs were shot after IM Wales 6 days earlier so about 20w down on expected power, but a decent return in terms of speed as I really focussed on making every watt count.

Weather was nice. Got a 50, a 10 and a 25 to go this season, will be doing well to get all those in in similarly benign conditions....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: