Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wiggle take over CRC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
jayski wrote:
EVERYONE is setting up warehousing in Europe. Goods will never touch these shores and scores of jobs and businesses are relocating to Ireland, Benelux etc etc - hey, its what people voted for.

Yes, all those people complaining about jobs in an Amazon warehouse will get what they wanted - an end to the conditions. Eu decides to tax the Uk by 5% under WTP rules, Uk drops Corporation Tax by the same amount and the importers are all square but without the EU bureaucracy.

Just what the EU feared - a low tax environment offshore over which they have very little control and who can easily import into the EU under WTO rules.

As to 'scores of businesses' I think you've been reading the Independent too much.

Well, no. EVERY business I deal with, day to day - yes it is not a poll of UK industry as a whole but over 100 businesses I personally know are actively setting up ways of continuing business outside of the UK whereas up to now they/we were happy trading in the UK. It may work out fine but I dont know of a single business that would sensibly want to avoid planning for it being less than fine.
jayski

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:

Of course Evans, CRC/Wiggle etc could setup an operation in the EU, however, this would be extremely costly to do

CT is payable against profit not Turnover, so a reduction in CT doesn't help.

They already have. Why do you think Citadel (wiggle group) purchased bikediscount.de? they now have ready made warehousing and logistics + a brand name they can leverage.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayski wrote:
mattsurf wrote:

Of course Evans, CRC/Wiggle etc could setup an operation in the EU, however, this would be extremely costly to do

They already have. Why do you think Citadel (wiggle group) purchased bikediscount.de? they now have ready made warehousing and logistics + a brand name they can leverage.

I guess this isn't quite so easy for small firms!
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jayski wrote:
mattsurf wrote:

I didn't know that Citadel had bought Bikediscount.de (maybe they can now work on improving their website). I think I made the point in the other thread that Wiggle would probably set something up in Europe... but what about loads of smaller cycle businesses, who currently sell parts to Europe? I am guessing that some of them will have trouble surviving if they lose their revenue from EU countries
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to make sure the fishermen of Grimsby are okay first; then worry about the minnows of the cycling industry.
awildt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
We have to make sure the fishermen of Grimsby are okay first; then worry about the minnows of the cycling industry.

Yeah, cos this https://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2018/jun/16/uk-cycling-steel-industry-strategy

But then I'm sure this has been shared here before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: