Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Team skipper endura TRI suit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skipper

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Team skipper endura TRI suit Reply with quote

Just want to gage interest on weather people would be interested in racing in an endura skinsuit.

I've been racing in an endura skinsuit which has been tested in the wind tunnel and is an extremely quick skinsuit. At the moment only the sponsored athletes are using them so athletes such as Tim don, Rachel Joyce and Jodie swallow. No one is even selling them at the moment.

Endura are willing to supply me with some to sell and I'm looking to build the 'team skipper' brand so would be selling the skinsuit exactly the same as the one pictures with sponsors logos on it.

If you buy the skinsuit you would be entitled to discounts on endura kit, Boardman bikes, rotor components, and huub wetsuits via TRI harder which is my local TRI shop in Dereham. They are yet to confirm the exact amount off but it's likely to be 10-15%, I will confirm as soon as. Mark Livesey the race organiser of F2 events which includes the rubicon triathlon and many other triathlons and sportive a has agreed to offer a discount as well which would probably be a similar amount off as well.

I will also be getting team skipper BTA affiliated so you could race under that name if you wanted to or you could carry on racing for your local TRI club. The suits are also fantastic for normal cycling time trials so you can get a lot of use out of them. I think due to them being so thin there actually surprisingly comfortable to run in and also you can get them down pretty easily if you need to stop for the loo during a race.

As well as this I will also be holding a training day on the 24th October where we will do a swim, bike and run, a Q&A and a few beers and meal in the evening. It will be a great social where you can meet others on the team and if I can help with anything you want to know then great. This is free for everyone that buys a suit.

The cost of the suit is 350.

I wanted to see what feedback you have on this?

Thanks Joe

a very average blog!!!
joeskipper.co.uk
mrchopsaloty

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit steep for me. But discount alone could be worth it while for someone looking for a new bike.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea Joe. Again, a bit much for me to palate at the moment, as unless I could get one for Frankfurt, I'd not really need it until next season again.

In addition to this, what about about another way of supporting your concept for a smaller contribution; I think that would work nicely, and you could get quite a few contributions/good support base.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. Probably enough discount I can use at Tri harder to justify and I am looking at getting a long sleeved tri suit for IM UK.

PS I'm starting 2 mins behind you at the Breckland CC TT on Weds. Impressed that you're ready to go again after a brutal (but breakthrough) performance in Texas.
skipper

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Nice idea Joe. Again, a bit much for me to palate at the moment, as unless I could get one for Frankfurt, I'd not really need it until next season again.

In addition to this, what about about another way of supporting your concept for a smaller contribution; I think that would work nicely, and you could get quite a few contributions/good support base.

What kind of thing were you thinking about?

It takes 4 weeks to get the kit so would probably be cutting it to tight for Frankfurt.

a very average blog!!!
joeskipper.co.uk
skipper

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Count me in. Probably enough discount I can use at Tri harder to justify and I am looking at getting a long sleeved tri suit for IM UK.

PS I'm starting 2 mins behind you at the Breckland CC TT on Weds. Impressed that you're ready to go again after a brutal (but breakthrough) performance in Texas.

If your definitely interested in getting the kit let me know as I've got 3 people committed already and need 8 to commit before I go ahead and order it otherwise I would lose to much money if I didn't sell them. Also would need to know what your measurements are to get the right size for you.

Also regarding that time trial in gutted that I'm not going to be able to ride it as I forgot I had already committed to some Norwich sports awards. Would much rather do the tt.

I actually feel much better then before the ironman. I seem to recover from them pretty quickly.

a very average blog!!!
joeskipper.co.uk
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, yes definitely put me down. I'll take some measurements and message you.

Thanks
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skipper wrote:

What kind of thing were you thinking about?

I should probably just have gotten you to start coaching me last year. Maybe if I get clearance for a (domestic) Iron distance next year, and fail to go under 10 again.....
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe - just messaged you with measurements,

Thanks
skipper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these skin suits have been ordered and it is hoed they will be here at the end of june/start of July.

The total cost is 350 for the skins uit which also includes a free training day in Norwich on the 24th October and 15% off a range of products.

These skinsuits aren't available to buy from anywhere else at the moment and are currently only being worn by Endura sponsored professional athletes.

These skin suits have been developed in the wind tunnel. For more information check my facebook page.

a very average blog!!!
joeskipper.co.uk
fruit thief

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time by Joe skipper yesterday at Kona. 8h 05, fastest ever Hawaii Ironman time by an English man I think? Great to follow Joe's training on Strava too, he deserves success. I'm a fan!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few wearing the Endura suit yesterday. Skipper, Charles, Don...anyone else?
TriSam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susie Cheetham also I think
duckhen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the Team Skipper thing first time around is it still live ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: