Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Golden Cheetah for Training

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgav

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Golden Cheetah for Training Reply with quote

Has anyone used Golden Cheetah as a training app? UI and setup is a bit more involved that some other (paid for) apps and wondered if anyone could help.

Specifically, I was trying to link to the ERGDB workouts but it doesn't seem to connect to anything. Does ERGDB still exist?

Any other advice appreciated.

On a related note, if there are better free PC apps for this, ones that can accommodate 2 riders then I'm open to suggestions.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used GC for a couple of years to do interval workouts on the smart trainer but then it mysteriously wouldn't connect anymore and I don't seem able to fix it.

ErgDB does seem to have gone but I seem to remember you could build your own workouts in GC as well. ErgDb was a bit of a minefield to be honest, there were so many in there finding anything useful was really difficult.

I currently use VeloReality. It has free functionality where you can build workouts by power and time or free ride by adjusting power or gradient.

You have to build the workouts yourself but it only take a couple of minutes and once you've got a bit of a library it's fine.
Gus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Trainer Road but when I went through an 'austerity' patch ended up using Golden Cheetah. I really liked it - it actually did most of the stuff I needed (but I'm fairly 'low level' athlete).

Haven't used it for a year or so, though, so don't know what it's like right now...

But at the time I'd definitely have recommended it.

My 15 minutes of fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: