Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Garmin Questions Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strap I had was 2nd hand when I got it and I've used almost daily for 2.5 years. I feel like I have got my moneys worth from it.

Will try the Wahoo as its the same price as a replacement Garmin
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even my Wahoo strap is starting to delaminate a little, and I've had it maybe 4 months; but they are easy to replace for a fiver off Ebay, as it's not integrated. I probably only put it through the machine every fortnight.
ianle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Fenix 3 - Black Screen - Solved Reply with quote

My trusty Fenix 3 recently started to show a black screen. The light button would make a beep and it was still recording, but just nothing on the screen at all. I had noticed that battery life had reduced of the last year and just put that down to age.

The black screen started happening even after a recent full charge. I tried at the hard and soft resets, googling about, seeing if it was an update that had bricked it.

Before the black screen started to appear, I had ordered a replacement battery and some tools to carry it out at home.

I replaced the watch with a Fenix 5X as my daily.

New battery arrived and I replaced it in the Fenix 3 - it took 5 mins.

Watch now fully charged with new battery, holding its charge as new and NO black screen problems.

I hope that helps anyone with a similar problem.

Ian.

Fenix 3 (Sapphire) going up on eBay.
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fenix 3 - Black Screen - Solved Reply with quote

ianle wrote:

Watch now fully charged with new battery, holding its charge as new and NO black screen problems.

That is useful to know. Not in a fenix context, but in a 920xt one. How are the batteries connected "under the hood"? You said it took 5mins, so I presume pretty straightforward in just undoing the screws on the backplate and slotting a new battery in?

The 920 is still currently fine, but battery life has fallen a little bit in the past year or so. I have absolutely no reason to upgrade other than for the sake of something new and shiny, so if I know there is likely an easy way to give it a new lease of life in the future, I'll probably just go down that route.
Doca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Fenix 3 - Black Screen - Solved Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
ianle wrote:

That is useful to know. Not in a fenix context, but in a 920xt one. How are the batteries connected "under the hood"? You said it took 5mins, so I presume pretty straightforward in just undoing the screws on the backplate and slotting a new battery in?

The 920 is still currently fine, but battery life has fallen a little bit in the past year or so. I have absolutely no reason to upgrade other than for the sake of something new and shiny, so if I know there is likely an easy way to give it a new lease of life in the future, I'll probably just go down that route.

Google 920xt battery, looks they just plug in & about 12-13 quid. Tempted myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: