Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2019 - The Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ozzie1973




Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 178
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negotiations complete with Mrs. Ozzie. Permission received. Flights and accommodation booked. Will be registering at the end of the month.

This will be my 3rd Lanza - cannot wait. Hope everyone's training is going well so far. I'm not looking forward to winter on the turbo. I should be used to it by now, but still prefer being outdoors.
_________________
My body is black and blue... but TrainingPeaks is green, so everything is ok!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GeordieM




Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Posts: 1244
Location: The cold, barren northern steppes of Aberdoom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm to opposite to you Ozzie, I've entered the race (months ago) but have yet to broach the trip with my wife! Its a secret. Best to ask forgiveness than permission IMHO!

Urgh winter turbo training. I bought a Wahoo Kickr and a Sufferfest subscription this last week with a view to relieving the boredom a little.

Sufferfest says my FTP is 220W. So... a lot of work to do this winter Sad
_________________
...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuckandgo




Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 444

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights question...

My google fu may be crap but I'm having significant problems (i.e. can't) finding direct flights from the UK (London, Birmingham,Bristol..)

Is it accepted that you take a flight with a connection, taking 6hours +?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mash180




Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 2371
Location: Watford

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
Flights question...

My google fu may be crap but I'm having significant problems (i.e. can't) finding direct flights from the UK (London, Birmingham,Bristol..)

Is it accepted that you take a flight with a connection, taking 6hours +?!


Ryanair, Easyjet , British airways all fly direct usually on a tuesday or Thursday from Luton, Stanstead or Gatwick !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Symes




Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 1358
Location: P!ssed off land

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights with Jet2 from Brum every day apart from Mondays and Wednesdays
_________________
1st place Falcon Lodge 3rd Year 800m; 1st place Santa Run

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuckandgo




Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 444

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash180 wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
Flights question...

My google fu may be crap but I'm having significant problems (i.e. can't) finding direct flights from the UK (London, Birmingham,Bristol..)

Is it accepted that you take a flight with a connection, taking 6hours +?!


Ryanair, Easyjet , British airways all fly direct usually on a tuesday or Thursday from Luton, Stanstead or Gatwick !!!!


& Symes.

Thank you. That helps a lot. I was looking for the wrong days of the week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crumpy




Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 495
Location: Worcester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
mash180 wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
Flights question...

My google fu may be crap but I'm having significant problems (i.e. can't) finding direct flights from the UK (London, Birmingham,Bristol..)

Is it accepted that you take a flight with a connection, taking 6hours +?!


Ryanair, Easyjet , British airways all fly direct usually on a tuesday or Thursday from Luton, Stanstead or Gatwick !!!!


& Symes.

Thank you. That helps a lot. I was looking for the wrong days of the week.


If you use a specific search engine like:

https://www.kayak.co.uk
https://www.skyscanner.net

you will not need to know days of week and can easily search many airports
_________________
Time to return to Olympic and 70.3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stivrunning




Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 1273
Location: up north

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked a week out on lanzarote last week in march ( hopefully weather a bit better this year) , plan is to get a good weeks biking in
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sully




Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 429
Location: Manchester (for 7+ years) ... far away from sunny Qatar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Airport transfers .... any recommendations? Reply with quote

Booked on today,
Flights planned but not booked.
Any1 recommend an airport transfer company/website? & needs to take bikebox etc.
Previously We've booked elsewhere for skiing using eurotaxi/Hoppa websites etc. prior to getting there
Booking.com quoting 56.96 for Large People Carrier, return.
A google search brings up loads in Lanza.
Any to avoid or any to look at?
Cheers
Bri
_________________
2010 July: IM CH 14:49. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, AbuDhabi Short. 2014 Outlaw 13:43 Smile
2015 Abu Dhabi Maxi, Doha Pearl Oly, Tameside XL
2016 Tour of Tameside, Ripon Oly 2017 Windy Hill Fell, Saddlesworth Tri, Tour of Tameside, Ripon Oly, Zurich 5150
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stivrunning




Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 1273
Location: up north

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Airport transfers .... any recommendations? Reply with quote

sully wrote:
Booked on today,
Flights planned but not booked.
Any1 recommend an airport transfer company/website? & needs to take bikebox etc.
Previously We've booked elsewhere for skiing using eurotaxi/Hoppa websites etc. prior to getting there
Booking.com quoting 56.96 for Large People Carrier, return.
A google search brings up loads in Lanza.
Any to avoid or any to look at?
Cheers
Bri


one thing they good at in lanzarote is moving people and bikes around

normally there is a line of taxis at airport exit ,there are people carriers estates or the good old fashioned strap it to the roof Wink

I have never pre booked so can not advise on that front ,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Symes




Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 1358
Location: P!ssed off land

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Airport transfers .... any recommendations? Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
sully wrote:
Booked on today,
Flights planned but not booked.
Any1 recommend an airport transfer company/website? & needs to take bikebox etc.
Previously We've booked elsewhere for skiing using eurotaxi/Hoppa websites etc. prior to getting there
Booking.com quoting 56.96 for Large People Carrier, return.
A google search brings up loads in Lanza.
Any to avoid or any to look at?
Cheers
Bri


one thing they good at in lanzarote is moving people and bikes around

normally there is a line of taxis at airport exit ,there are people carriers estates or the good old fashioned strap it to the roof Wink

I have never pre booked so can not advise on that front ,


+1

just remember to add in 5 each way for the bike though
_________________
1st place Falcon Lodge 3rd Year 800m; 1st place Santa Run

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sully




Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 429
Location: Manchester (for 7+ years) ... far away from sunny Qatar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smashin'
Thanks for info Stivrunning & Symes
Cheers
_________________
2010 July: IM CH 14:49. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, AbuDhabi Short. 2014 Outlaw 13:43 Smile
2015 Abu Dhabi Maxi, Doha Pearl Oly, Tameside XL
2016 Tour of Tameside, Ripon Oly 2017 Windy Hill Fell, Saddlesworth Tri, Tour of Tameside, Ripon Oly, Zurich 5150
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hunkydory




Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 98
Location: Shepperton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will rent a small van. easy and cheap. also will give me independence not relying on taxis. It's very convenient when zooming across the island from PdC to la santa for the race briefing and to scout the bike route...
_________________
inveterata dolorem, et gloria in aeternum.

www.mikajanhunen.blogspot.com
@ESFChiropractic (twitter)
@mika_janhunen_dc (Instagram)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 440

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunkydory wrote:
I will rent a small van. easy and cheap. also will give me independence not relying on taxis. It's very convenient when zooming across the island from PdC to la santa for the race briefing and to scout the bike route...


Yep, like everything in Lanza hiring a car is easy and useful to have, especially when registration and briefing is the opposite end to the race start.

You can collect and drop off right in the airport, they never check the cars, pretty cheap. Driving over there is a piece of piss, parking is usually easy, even in PDC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozzie1973




Joined: 31 Jul 2013
Posts: 178
Location: Swindon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry fee now paid, so there's no going back!

3rd time for me. Must be mad.
_________________
My body is black and blue... but TrainingPeaks is green, so everything is ok!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.