Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
220 magazine awards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that the winners are dominated by long course. Are all 220 subscribers from IMJ?

Nothing against Lucy Charles, but is 2nd in ironman WC a better performance than 1st in ITU WC? I seem to recall a comment before Kona that Charles may try to qualify for Tokyo. It would certainly be interesting to see, but I would think her run would need to step-up.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, i think she's 'onlny' just under 17 mins for a 5km, so i think she would get blown away by the pure ITU athletes and the swims are too short to make any real headway.

I see AB was 3rd in triathlete of the year - i guess the 220 readers simply don't know many names, as he's been injured most of the year and hasn't exactly been firing at all - certainly not by his standards.
PhilleusPhogg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:

Nothing against Lucy Charles, but is 2nd in ironman WC a better performance than 1st in ITU WC? I seem to recall a comment before Kona that Charles may try to qualify for Tokyo. It would certainly be interesting to see, but I would think her run would need to step-up.

Conversely, She and Reece have been kicking up a bit of a fuss on social media over her non-invite to (and thus non-nomination for ) SPOTY this year. Fair enough to be cheesed off but not sure bringing it up every day on twitter is reflecting that well on them. I think it's correct that a certain undefeated mutli-Kona winning female Brit never got much of a sniff at SPOTY, so not quite sure why the toys are out of the pram given she's not quite at that level (yet) and given the focus on ITU in the UK and particularly on the beeb (outside 220 Smile ). Just say you're disappointed and move on ... or win something at ITU distance on the beeb Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: