Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IMUK Bike course
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5360
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Bolton & Tenby? 180km? whatevva Try doing an Audax across Wales and back... no supporters, no rattles or foam hands, no disco music, no aid stations, no daylight, no loved ones or medals at the finish....

You bunch of fannies.


Been there, done that (not Wales) 450km, and the last climb was 27km, uugh much hurty.

Did get a beer and a Lamington at the finish Beer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17894
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Bolton & Tenby? 180km? whatevva Try doing an Audax across Wales and back... no supporters, no rattles or foam hands, no disco music, no aid stations, no daylight, no loved ones or medals at the finish....

You bunch of fannies.


Been there, done that (not Wales) 450km, and the last climb was 27km, uugh much hurty.

Did get a beer and a Lamington at the finish Beer


Pubs were shut when I finished at about 1am iirc. Just posted my Brevet card through the door and drove home #SMASH Very Happy
_________________
27 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5360
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Bolton & Tenby? 180km? whatevva Try doing an Audax across Wales and back... no supporters, no rattles or foam hands, no disco music, no aid stations, no daylight, no loved ones or medals at the finish....

You bunch of fannies.


Been there, done that (not Wales) 450km, and the last climb was 27km, uugh much hurty.

Did get a beer and a Lamington at the finish Beer


Pubs were shut when I finished at about 1am iirc. Just posted my Brevet card through the door and drove home #SMASH Very Happy


That sounds not very good. The audax i used to do turned into a sportive with distances cut and different options. The upside was that it became a weekend cycling festival and pretty much saved the event as the pen protector crowd weren't spending any money.

It was a good thing and bad thing at the same time. I miss the old 'just get it done' atmosphere of the old audax though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17894
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

That sounds not very good. ..... I miss the old 'just get it done' atmosphere of the old audax though.


You sound torn!

This event was full of 'Audax Bachelors' from what I can tell. The sort of people that ride 150km to the event, sleep on a park bench, then do the 405km Audax and then ride home. The amount of time some of these Audaxers spend of their bikes can't leave much space for anything else, other than a job.

As a standalone venture, I loved it though.
_________________
27 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5360
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

That sounds not very good. ..... I miss the old 'just get it done' atmosphere of the old audax though.


You sound torn!

This event was full of 'Audax Bachelors' from what I can tell. The sort of people that ride 150km to the event, sleep on a park bench, then do the 405km Audax and then ride home. The amount of time some of these Audaxers spend of their bikes can't leave much space for anything else, other than a job.

As a standalone venture, I loved it though.


Not torn, I've raced every bike discipline there is except for BMX, the things I miss some years are different to what I miss others and individual events change.

This is why I don't ever get locked into only doing triathlon, there are simply so many other ways to have your a$$ handed to you Very Happy

i'm everywhere and nowhere (baby) Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.