Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Sub 11 Ironman Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet wrote:
HBD Jorgan Cake

Thanks! Closer to 50 than 40 from now on Mad One day, I would also like nice weather for my birthday; only the southern hemisphere or ME is going to offer that!
Poet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME?

It's 8 degrees with a light wind here, and dry tarmac!
(Still not taking the super clean, silcone sprayed BMC out)
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poet wrote:
ME?

It's 8 degrees with a light wind here, and dry tarmac!
(Still not taking the super clean, silcone sprayed BMC out)

Middle East.
Tahr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Sub 11 maybe. Reply with quote

Hi All

I thought I would chip on this as I am targeting a sub 12 Outlaw, with the aspiration to go sub 11, like others I didnít have a good week last week with a cold, I only got just over 4 hours training, I am hoping to do better this week.

ATB

Kev

Fitness forged in the furnace of competition.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sub 11 maybe. Reply with quote

Tahr wrote:
Hi All

I thought I would chip on this as I am targeting a sub 12 Outlaw, with the aspiration to go sub 11, like others I didnít have a good week last week with a cold, I only got just over 4 hours training, I am hoping to do better this week.

ATB

Kev

Good one Kev. Keep us posted. You done Outlaw before?
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 10.5 hours last week. Smile

1 swim. Very steady set just checking my ribs were ok after last week's off.

3x trainer road sessions; 1 VO2 max, 1 sweetspot, 1 aerobic.
First TT of the season with a ride out and back so 45m in all.

2 runs. 1x12km and 1x10k, both steady.

Much the same this week but will get my 2 swims in. I've got the Hampton Court Half on Sunday and the aim there is to negative split and not get injured.
Tahr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sub 11 maybe. Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:

Good one Kev. Keep us posted. You done Outlaw before?

Yeah I have, it was my first IM in 2016. For the last two years I have targeted the Celtman, managed to get the blue tee shirt in less than ideal conditions last year so having done the iconic I now want to try for a good time in a IM. I did 12:18 first time out in 2016, I might have gone sub 12 except for a couple of injuries in the calf, hip flexor and hip, but I am 55 years old this year, age is just a number right .

Not a bad weekend training for me, I did the Carnthey 5 hill race on Saturday, Sunday 1 hour pool session with my tri club, followed by a hour bike then a hill 12 mile trail run and another 2 hours on the bike.

ATB

Kev

Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Tuesday afternoon I felt like I was getting a cold so rested. By Friday it hadn't arrived so back to training and managed 8:40 for the week. After a 3:30 ride and then on to dinner with friends (with a bit of wine) the cold has arrived. Don't feel unwell just bunged up so will carry on but keep it all easy.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8.5hrs for me last week so lower volume but got a bit more running in, topped off with a 1:28 at the Hampton Court Half which was really pleasing. I was hoping to duck under 1:30 and got my pacing bang on and didnít fade over the last couple of miles, although the effort level went pretty high, towards the end.

Iím on half term so should get a solid week in, although Iím away ne t weekend so wonít get a long bike in. Really pleased with how my runningís going so far.
Tahr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weezy well done on the sub 1:30, it is my normal target speed if I do a road 1/2 marathon now days.

Training for me this week was just over 14 hours, I missed one Trainer Road session, on Sunday I swam with the tri club before going and doing the Bowhill Dirty Duathlon, I enjoyed it.

This week won't be as good, due to other commitments.

mattsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
8.5hrs for me last week so lower volume but got a bit more running in, topped off with a 1:28 at the Hampton Court Half which was really pleasing. I was hoping to duck under 1:30 and got my pacing bang on and didnít fade over the last couple of miles, although the effort level went pretty high, towards the end.

Iím on half term so should get a solid week in, although Iím away ne t weekend so wonít get a long bike in. Really pleased with how my runningís going so far.

Well done on the sub 1:30, that's a good run.

Due to the relentless cold weather in Switzerland, I have been running more than cycling, which is showing good results in my running performance.

Time on the Turbo Trainer has certainly helped increase my FTP, its not really translating to additional speed outside, however, I think that this is down to extra layers of clothing adding weight and drag, Also I remember reading that rolling resistance increases in the cold, while higher air density also adds drag

A lighter week training last week saw my CTL drop from 93 to 90 while form has gone from -30 to +15, My VO2 Max increased from 57 to 58 for both run and bike, I suspect that this is due to much fresher legs

A good spell of weather is forecast, with temperatures up to 15 degrees, so lots of opportunity to cycle to work
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
My VO2 Max increased from 57 to 58 for both run and bike, I suspect that this is due to much fresher legs

What's giving you that, TP or Garmin? I've found doing races on Zwift has brought my bike VO2 Max up close to my run numbers now (63/64).
mattsurf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
mattsurf wrote:
My VO2 Max increased from 57 to 58 for both run and bike, I suspect that this is due to much fresher legs

What's giving you that, TP or Garmin? I've found doing races on Zwift has brought my bike VO2 Max up close to my run numbers now (63/64).

These are from Garmin. Typically my Bike VO2 Max is higher than run, although they are almost always within 1 point of each other

I haven't done an FTP recently, but TP keeps increasing my FTP based on my recent rides, I think that a lot is due to Zwift
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although off on half-term last week, my hours dipped to 5.5hrs, mainly running. I felt really rubbish at the start of the week and just didn't feel like doing anything too heavy, so took a few light days. Mrs Wheezy has had a few health issues, nothing too serious but it's meant a few unplanned hospital visits and lots of driving, waiting and sorting out the kids, which has obviously had to come first. So at the moment, I'm just fitting in what I can, when I can, focussing on keeping my running going and some time on the turbo. It's my swimming and long rides that are taking the major hit but I'll try to get one pool session in this week, somewhere.
stenard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
mattsurf wrote:

These are from Garmin. Typically my Bike VO2 Max is higher than run, although they are almost always within 1 point of each other

Interesting. I'm impressed by your numbers Jorgan! I have a much larger disparity than both of you. Even in the midst of IM training last year when I was doing my highest ever bike volume. Although I guess that was largely steady state, and I didn't do much, if any, vo2 work.

The lack of any real cycling this calendar year has my current numbers nearly 10 points apart according to my watch!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 68 of 72

Jump to: