Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Sub 11 Ironman Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Hm, so doing a Zwift race followed by a 41 min Brick run took more out of me than I'd anticipated. Go figure! I shouldn't be surprised, as it's my first Brick after Zwift racing, and an undulating 8km-odd (4:40/km) is probably a fair ask after riding at or above threshold for nearly 50 mins. In fact my best 20 min power was above FTP.

I've been 'fragged' the last few days, unsurprisingly.

this is where treadmills do have value - the ease of turning every Zwift session into a brick session...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Hm, so doing a Zwift race followed by a 41 min Brick run took more out of me than I'd anticipated. Go figure! I shouldn't be surprised, as it's my first Brick after Zwift racing, and an undulating 8km-odd (4:40/km) is probably a fair ask after riding at or above threshold for nearly 50 mins. In fact my best 20 min power was above FTP.

I've been 'fragged' the last few days, unsurprisingly.

and there's me having a rest day thinking I am still keeping up with the Joneses.

Still, demon bike set tmr Twisted Evil
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:

and there's me having a rest day thinking I am still keeping up with the Joneses.

Still, demon bike set tmr Twisted Evil

Saturday is my usual rest day; I nearly always feel exhausted all day with the change of routine and running around with the kids! May actually give the Zwift racing a miss on Sunday morning and just go for a pootle on my posh endurance bike.
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 weeks out, and starting to feel Im in a good place. First long run this week at 22km, average a steady 5:00 pace on very tired legs so confident Id match at IM.
Done a few weekend club rides around 120-130km and distance is feeling easier than this point previous seasons, but only ~27kmh so still a big question over going longer, faster, alone, with no change in bike.
Most important, mentally enjoying the consistent training again, becoming routine around 10 hours and nice sustainable balance in life too. Can see how can increase the hours a bit as get closer too.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
18 weeks out, and starting to feel Im in a good place. First long run this week at 22km, average a steady 5:00 pace on very tired legs so confident Id match at IM.
Done a few weekend club rides around 120-130km and distance is feeling easier than this point previous seasons, but only ~27kmh so still a big question over going longer, faster, alone, with no change in bike.
Most important, mentally enjoying the consistent training again, becoming routine around 10 hours and nice sustainable balance in life too. Can see how can increase the hours a bit as get closer too.

That all sounds good TS, and I'm in much the same position. My swimming's gone off the boil while cycling's ticking over and I've made some good gains with running, consistentlyu hitting 20-25m for the last 4 weeks. Not big numbers by any means but considering I'd all but given up on any form of running, I'm very pleased. Need to get some longer bike rides going at the weekend although I've been keeping the trainerroad turbo sets going consistently.

I'm finding that 10hours is around my limit too. If I do much more than this I just start to feel really wiped out during a working week. I'll be able to get some bigger weeks in during the Easter and summer hols but ultimately 10-12hours is what I've got to play with if I want to be consistent.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit 10 hours every week so far this year, but conversely expect Easter to put the mockers on that as we're away over the long weekend and of course time off whilst kids not at school. It might be the 'rest' I need though. Still no long rides, but plenty of volume with commuting.
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first IM it took me til April to build to 20mpw, which at time was most Id ever done, and held 20-22 til Outlaw. This time Ive had 4 weeks at 20mpw already so will probably build further to 25mpw to aim for 3:15-3:30. Any further training time should be all on the bike but time will tell how that goes.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest week in ages last week at 14h05m (well since I did Brevet Cymru which was 16hrs alone!). First 3h ride since last summer too, and my legs felt tired all day afterwards. Still, good to get the volume in and yesterday early morning was actually pretty benign weather compared to during the week which was miserable.

Right, meetings all day, gotta go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
Page 71 of 71

Jump to: