Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Racing with a HRM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr dre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Racing with a HRM Reply with quote

Does anyone race with a HRM - have started training with one in the last month or so and thought it might be good to see how my hr is for a race.

It is water proof so is it best to wear it under my kit/wetsuit from the off ? is this comfortable ? or should i put it on in T1 - this will add 30 secs !?

Rolling Eyes
Cougie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it one that records your data ? If so then I'd keep it on all the time and you should get the data from your swim as well.

If its not, then I might just keep it on your bike handlebars, as that's the only time you'll be able to check what the HR is.

I've used the downloadable Polars before for Bike Road Races, and can track the hills and the attacks on it. Quite cool. Dunno how beneficial though. I find its more use in training and TTing than road races.
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In races, I've found it good to satisfy curiosity (am I really working hard enough?) and to stop getting lazy - easy to do on an 8Km run! Twisted Evil

I wear it all the time as you won't even feel it after the first couple of times, but make sure that you don't activate the watch underwater - it can let water into the circuits. Otherwise, it's waterproof.

HR is good for training but there are books of stuff out there, so I won't give you a wrong steer by trying to condense it into one e-mail! Confused

Try here for starters: http://www.heartzone.com/index.shtml
dr dre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers gents
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: