Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Recommend an open water swim event before London

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dizzy One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Recommend an open water swim event before London Reply with quote

Hi folks ! I'm a newbie, never tried a tri but i'm in for London at Olympic Distance (never do owt by halfs me ). I do run and ride regularly, doing Berlin marathon for 4th time in Sept and a couple of mtb events abroad during summer so i'm pretty fit. The swim has me worried though and i want to get as much practice as i can. Got a coach for front crawl tuition starting tomorrow and will prob buy a wetsuit soon. I'd like to do a 'dry' run before London so could anyone recommend a tri with open water swim sometime in June/july ? Looking at the Dambuster at Rutland Water, anyone done this one ? Anyway any comments/suggestions/whatever gratefully received. Ta Cool
AndyS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat as you (sort of) in that I'm in London and I've never done an open water swim before. I've entered four tri's before London, all open water swims, the shortest being 550m and building to the full 1500m three weeks before London.

I'd suggest you click on the Events cog above and take a look for open water tri's in your area. Once you've found one contact the tri club organising it as they probably practice/train in the lake. You might be able to get along for some open water coaching. If the Events cog doesn't help, then try these: http://www.triathletes-uk.org/races.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: