Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Physiotherapy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Physiotherapy Reply with quote

Has anyone ever had any? Was it private or NHS?

I've got a shoulder problem that will need some basic physio and massage and not sure whether to use a local one (Physioactive in Mottingham - they were at the White Oak Tri) or to go through my GP to get NHS treatment (cheaper!).
dr dre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had treatment for both knees under the NHS , we to the quacks and asked him too refer me to the nearest sports injury clinic , which he did.
Got an appt straight away and they were pretty good.
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been on the recieving end --I only do Physio' Exclamation
You can always see how long the waiting list is on the NHS -we are a very sort after species you know Smile Your GP may not even want to refer you but suggest you go and ask him. With you not pushing yourself in any more Tri's yet you could afford to wait, see Gp, see waiting list and also see how your shoulder goes. You can get good and bad Physio's so it's usually pot luck but with those that where at White Oak Tri I assume they would have some sports injury experiance. If only I'd had my ultrasound machine on Sunday Exclamation
Anyway that consultation will be billed later Wink after Ive asked all those personal questions to come up with some type of diagnosis Wink Let me know what happens Very Happy
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Sue - I'd prefer going NHS as (a) they (you!) are just as good as the private clinics, (b) it goes through my GP, in case I need any further treatment and (c) - this is the clincher - it's cheaper!

I'll make an appointment and hope that Bromley is a healthy district, with a physio with time on his/her hands!
AndyS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Physiotherapy Reply with quote

Go privately I say. To me your injury doesn't sound serious enough to merit a place on the NHS. It sounds more like you need a few massage sessions and you're right as rain. I've experienced both types of physios for the same injury and would go private any day. The NHS physio was competent but the sessions where very short - 20 min - and after 5 sessions I was referred back to my GP. My private physio came to my home and worked on me for 45 minutes and got brilliant results after only four sessions.
larstorders

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had NHS physio myself. Private physio I've had was quite good, cost 27 for half an hour session Crying or Very sad Set my legs back on the road to recovery. The good thing about private physio is they can assess you anytime( often an appointment on the same day) for an injury. or if you're just feeling unsure, which may prevent an injury occuring Very Happy which is definately worth 27
Sue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm out of a job then Crying or Very sad
(but just think of all that training I could then get under my belt to become "even better" next tri season Razz )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: