Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Fooking Car Insurance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyGirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Fooking Car Insurance Reply with quote

RANT ALERT.

I am insured with HSBC, got 10 years NCD but got a disuputed claim from April. Low key, my car damage 1600. Scum bag who caused the accident wasn't insured & he invented a ficticious passenger suffering from wiplasph.

Quote to renew from HSBC 1397 Shocked WTF still got NCD as it is protected.

Been on the net this evening and got a quote for 379 inlcluding all the add ons. Guess who was the cheapest? Yep HSBC through Confused.com

Now can someone tell me how the heck that works?

RANT over.
vics55

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. Mine came through last week as it's due in Jan. I've got 10 years no claims and they quoted me approx 550. I went and did a brand new quote online and they quoted me 220. I'm going to cancel my existing one and take out a brand new policy.

Annoying though as I've been with the same company for about 5 years.
AndyS.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly a loss leader first year discount thing, much like the 0% credit card offers for balance transfers. I'd not renew with them out of principal, take the 2nd best offer.

My insurance went up about 100 after I rear-ended a car that stopped at an empty roundabout. No damage to me but I smashed up the other one pretty well. Didn't hear anything about the claim or how it went, they just said leave it all to them. That was with Churchill, I have NCB protection. Didn't get any increase when I claimed for a new screen either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: