Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Ashes Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiganer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

third fnerking ball !!!!!!! - Pietersen gone !

Last edited by wiganer on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wiganer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

and thats Monty gone too now without a single run added overnight !!!!

bloomin comics !!!!!

Legs of Jelly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed watching the english cricket team giving it their all !!! NOT Embarassed

2 scheds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to treat this series in the way it deserves and bury it deep in my psyci. It'll probably have some terrible consequence for my mental health further down the line but I hoestly can't bear to think about it at the moment.

Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad Bleh Crying No OMFG OMG Tombstone

I'm just glad don't know any Aussies! Very Happy
wiganer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearly fell off the chair watching Ponting thank England for their efforts and saying that they gave it their all !!!!!!! (he must have been biting his tongue when he said it !!!!)

The thing that gets me when you look back is that Warne, Clarke and McGrath are the main strike men, but:

1. Warne (although a legend) didnt spin anything ridiculously other than in one session.
2. McGrath bowls the same line/length, just outside off stump so 95% of his deliveries will NOT hit the wickets, therefore its the batsmen's poor choice of shot that gets him out - take note !!!
3. Clarke was the revelation for the Aussies and fair do's to him

Three guys all with 20+ wickets for the series, compared to our best Hoggard who has 13 I think........

BUT the point I make is that these stats are distorted by the English batsmen poor choice of shots more than unbelievable bowling......

For me that reeks of complacency and lack of competition for places..... lots of other possible reasonsm, but thats just my observations !
markie r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, is this the wrost ever performance by any england team in any sport ever?
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiganer wrote:
nearly fell off the chair watching Ponting thank England for their efforts and saying that they gave it their all !!!!!!! (he must have been biting his tongue when he said it !!!!)

PMSL !!! Very Happy

If that's all we can give, then we may as well give up playing the Aussies. They are truly the best in the world....

Still, hopefully lessons will be learned (I'm not holding my breath) and we can kick some other country's ass instead. Twisted Evil
wiganer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye....lets give Bangladesh or the Isle of Wight a good series whitewash shall we........ Very Happy
runtilyoudrop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think they deserve the title of professional sportsmen. By all accounts their preparation was poor, they turned down the chance for some proper warm up matches, they chose to have a break between India and the Ashes, they took players who were not fit and chose players on grounds of fear and conservatism rather than form.
Worst of all they never believed they could win even when they were showing some form.

I think that the players have to look at themselves as I think they were given the choice of how to approach this tour. I think the loss of Marsh to the England set up may have been quite significant.

Ah well here comes the six nations. That Brian Ashton, he is an odd sort but could do wonders. What sort of wonders I dont know but I think this is gonna be an interesting time for the England rugby team.
Richard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Ponting did well not to laugh when praising England for the part they played in the series.

Just think, if we didn't completly mess up the second test, then pressed home the advantage we had in the third, it could all have been so different.

I think that the top order batsmen let us down, only Collingwood and Piterson really did anything, and then not nearly often enough, I don't think an unfit Flintoff should have been captain, (this seemed to affect Strauss as well, although he was unlucky to be given out a few times). However the biggest problem was that to win a test match you have to take 20 wickets, we didn't do this in any of the five matches.

There again Australia were different gravy, whenever there was a slight English chance, they went back to basics, and took control. Will be interesting to see how they get on without Warne and Mcgrath.

Think the triangliar one day thingy will be all to simple for the men with the baggy green caps, then think they will defend the world cup without too many problems.

As for England, lets get Vaughan, Trescothick, Simon Jones and Filntoff back fit, find a wicket keeper (Foster?) that can perform a bit, lick our wounds, and do what the Australians did when they lost, come back stronger.

Right, that is probably my longest ever post, and nothing to do with triathlon, great Rolling Eyes

sort of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: