Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wanted - Rear wheel in 9sp Shimano Cassette

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tunafish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Wanted - Rear wheel in 9sp Shimano Cassette Reply with quote

I know there is a wanted section in the Tri Trade.

However i am not sure how many of you check whats posted on there....

I am after a set/rear wheel which has a shimano 9sp cassette.

Needs to be race spec, good condition, and a bargain Very Happy

Pm or post on here what you have to offer.

(Cash Awaiting)
Stealth Attack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig

Take a look on the Wiggle web site. I don't know what your budget is but I'm guessing that you can't afford a top notch set of carbon aero wheels just yet. So if you are looking for a pair (or just rear) of wheels with a shimano cassette to tide you over until you are in a position to upgrade, then Wiggle have several options that might interest you. For example, for 75 yuo could buy a pair of Gipiemme Quattro T mini-aero wheels. They are not top quaility but would serve you well in the short term and would make for a decent set of training wheels during the winter/spring when you would want to hang up your decent wheels in the garage/loft!
Alternatively, for about 50, you could buy a rear Shimano 105 wheel and use that with either my Maviv or Gipiemme 416 front wheel.

The advantage with using Wiggle is that i could order it for you and fit it and adjust the gears ready for the hand over. But as I said earlier, buyinmg second hand will give you more wheels for your bucks but it really does depend on what the second-hand market has to offer at the time. Good luck and let me know what you decide.

Giantman

See my blog at : http://www.tri247.com/columns/rob_holloway.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: