Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
It's that Turbo time of year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my gym there is a (theoretical) max 30 mins on the bikes & running machines
Big Bopper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our gym has the same. The treadmills are set to stop after 25 mins. You can see all the committed runners looking round sheepishly, and then, when they think no one is looking, restart it as if they had just got on it.

BB

P.S. I only have one gym enemy. I do not laugh at obsessed gym rats (and their posing), nor do I feel contempt for the lardies (most of us were there once), but I hate, HATE, HATE people who walk on treadmills. I don't warming up or warming down, but those who take up a treadmill spot to amble at walking pace for 25 mins without even building up a sweat. You don't need a) a gym, or b) gym clobber for that. Just clear off out of here! Evil or Very Mad
AndyS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Mr Bopper. Our gym is packed with them. They make the room stink of Lilly of the Valley to. People should have a illness test before being let in the room, there was way too much coughing when I was there on Tuesday.

Luckily our treadmills are set to 60 minutes max but I carry on if I want to. My money is as good as theirs. What annoys me is I warm up with a slow 1k jog then stretch. In that time someone has swiped the treadmill so there are none left. So now I stretch on the treadmill to hog it, adding quite a bit to my hours run. But I don't care. Very Happy I've never seen an instructor (or what ever they are) speak to anyone yet and can't imagine they'd speak to me about running on the running machine!
400m (ver2.5)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend tacx flow - I used it a few times and got through the HIMUK this year (admittedly only in 3 hours) - doing a couple of sessions a week from the tacx.nl website so no more than 50 mins tops at a time - and most of that is "warm up / warm down" .

I did also cycle on the road most sundays from April onwards about 30 miles av- I did one 42 mile "monster"! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: