Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Heart Rate Zones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boomboom

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Heart Rate Zones Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy

I'm struggling to figure out what heart rate zones I should be in during my 3 disciplines. I compete in anything from Sprint distance to 1/2 IM. I have a max of 196. Resting HR of 45.

Anyone any experience on benchmark standard percentage levels?

Thanks

Boom Boom Very Happy
Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triahtletes Training Bible has quite a bit on this sort of thing. The info you want has been put into the Tri Geek spreadsheet, an Excel training diary and general training information thing http://members.tripod.com/mprevost/

But much to my annoyance, this is a tripod site, so you get loads of pop-ups as well. If you want to go direct to the file itself use:

http://mprevost.tripod.com/Tri_Geek_Spreadsheet.xls

You can set it to your personal conditions, and it will show you the training zones in Joe Friels 5 different intensity brackets. It may be a little too complex...
Daz

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tri Geek Spreadsheet' like it! Laughing
boomboom

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: HR Pyramids? Reply with quote

What do you reckon to doing kind of an heart rate interval pyramid session? Where you build heart rate in 5bpm stages over 2 min blocks, peak at about 90% then reduce in 5bpm?

Would that be a nice session? Confused - i do need to start pushing, just plodding at the moment.

BB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: