Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Techie wetsuit question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Techie wetsuit question Reply with quote

I've just received my wetsuit from the kind people at Tri UK. The one I wanted (Foor Quantum) is out of stock so they've lent me an Orca Speedsuit until the Foor comes in. Now, my problem is that having now had a go in an expensive wetsuit I'm wondering whether I will be disappointed when my cheaper Foor arrives, and whether I should dig deep and spend the extra to upgrade to the Foor Synergie. The main differences between them is that the more expensive one is slightly thinner around the shoulders and arms, the torso is a mix of 3mm and 5mm as opposed to just 5mm on the cheaper one and it also has a "hydro friction forearm panel"! It seems to me that as the cheaper one is slightly thicker that it may be more buoyant, at the expense of freedom of movement. Basically what would I get for the extra outlay - is it worth it or am I paying 100 more for gimmicky things that I won't really notice? Any help, tips or general wetsuit wisdom would be most appreciated. I'd also be interested to hear opinions of anyone who owns a Foor suit.
thinman220

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure if you spoke to an Orca retailer they would do you a deal to take you away from Foor. Incase you hadn't noticed there's a war on out there!
slowpoke rodriguez

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah good point thinman - I wonder just how much they may be prepared to discount? I might raise this as a thread to see if anyone is managing to get discounts from the big retailers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: