Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Bastion 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - a really tough day.

Enjoyed it though. On the third bike lap I could have done with a mountain bike cassette, but descending was exhilarating!! The bike seemed to be <15km/h or 60+

I knew I was there for fun (training just didn't match up very well with parenting this time round). Bike blew my legs apart so had nothing for the run, enjoyed bit of banter with the PA guy and trotted/walked round.

Little chat to TC on the course too. He passed me just after the start of bike lap 3 and again on his last run lap. As I started my last run lap he had just wrestled the mike off the commentator and was regaling the crowd with stories of his exploits. I must have been slow 'cos he'd finished by the time I got back Wink

Great event, great race crew - deserves more competitors. It would be great to see this with 200+ racing, and very sad if it disappeared because numbers were too low.
TriSam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get out and ride the bike route, in reverse, so I may have given some of you cheers without realising. I definitely shouted at TC, who turned and looked but must have had no idea who I was Very Happy

If you saw me, I was in white and black 7oaks Tri Club kit and shouting at everybody I passed!

Well done to all finishers, it's a brutal race
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: