Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
7oaks 2017
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriSam

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: 7oaks 2017 Reply with quote

Last minute call for anyone racing this weekend, who'll be there?

I'm marshalling on the corner leaving T1, come say hello if you have time!
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I'm there as Chief Tech Official - give me abuse if you wish.... Wink
TriSam

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and stay on your good side so you don't DQ me at any future events!
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:

I only DQ those who warrant a DQ - usually for being stupid when they didn't need to be.... Wink
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
TriSam wrote:

I only DQ those who warrant a DQ - usually for being stupid when they didn't need to be.... Wink

as per the 2 yesterday for not obeying the compulsory foot down. ffs - it was in the competitor info (more than once) and also stressed at the pre-race briefing.

durrr
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one guy for riding a Falco?
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
And one guy for riding a Falco?

no - he wasn't DQ'd as I didn't think that was the correct approach. he'd only raced IM events on it so wasn't aware it was illegal under BTF rules - although he is now! I agreed to let him race but with the proviso that if he was in a podium spot, then I'd nullify his result so the podium spots went to those on legal equipment. as it happened he didn't podium so he got a race time, and nobody lost out.

I suspect he'll be buying a new bike but not sure if he'll sell the Falco. I don't think he's short of a few bob as he rocked up with the bike on the back of a BMW i8 hybrid sports car (cú100k).
TriSam

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I saw him pulling into the carpark, batman bike atop the batmobile!

Thanks for your help yesterday, how did it seem from your location? We had a pretty hectic time out front, with 50 old WW2 military vehicles turning up for a parade, trying to use the carpark we were using for transition! Madness
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh - I heard about the WWII vehicles and saw a couple trying to get into the car park. Neil said that they were expected in the town but not in the car park.

sorry I never got out to the T-lights to check but my wife (also a TO) did and said you were doing a good job. the whole event was quite calm with the staggered swim starts so there was no great madness going on in transition like you get with open water events.

a great event and well managed by Sevenoaks Tri and their team although some sun and warmth would have been nice - I was bloody freezing still when I got home.
hammerer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd year running I've DNS at 7oaks due to illness. Maybe one day I'll get back. Has KCC sorted the roads yet Wink

oh and yes this is probably the best local race there is, at least club run. Just a shame there's no lake in 7oaks leisure centre as that would make it perfect
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
3rd year running I've DNS at 7oaks due to illness. Maybe one day I'll get back. Has KCC sorted the roads yet Wink

oh and yes this is probably the best local race there is, at least club run. Just a shame there's no lake in 7oaks leisure centre as that would make it perfect

you weren't the only DNS - nearly 30% of entries didn't show on the day. that's a lot higher than normal and we wondered if the cold, grey, overcast weather had a part to play.
hammerer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
hammerer wrote:

you weren't the only DNS - nearly 30% of entries didn't show on the day. that's a lot higher than normal and we wondered if the cold, grey, overcast weather had a part to play.

I've done 7oaks when it was -2c setting up. Descending Death Hill still wet from the swim was pretty unpleasant that day!
fat buddha

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they moved the race from April to early May to get better weather - didn't bloody work yesterday. sodding 7C most of the morning.
Muriel

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say thanks again to all involved. This race puts the big money spinners to shame really. It's faultless.

Everyone's super friendly out on the course and with lots of encouragement.

As for the weather, yeah it was a bit fresh on the bike but that run sure as hell warms you up.

And how in God's name did people get DQ'd (or put themselves in a position to DQ) with that footdown?! It could not have been clearer could it without kicking you off your bike at the junction.

Roll on next year.
smudge002

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
hammerer wrote:

Do you think they would ever consider entries on the day? For the first time in six years I didn't start this year due to other plans. However, my plans changed fairly late on and I could have easily rocked up on the morning and competed.
2013 - 7oaks, Marshman, Outlaw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: