Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wet suit for the bigger lady???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMc

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Wet suit for the bigger lady??? Reply with quote

Hi,
I am a complete beginner. Just setting out on open water swimming and doing the Great Scottish Swim in August.

I want to get a few smaller swims in before then but have no idea where to start! I wear a ladies size 18/20 and am around 5ft 8. I ordered a size 18 wetsuit online but to no avail.

I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds. I know you can hire but thought if i could get a good entry level suit for not too much i'd rather have my own. Is 2/3mm thick enough? Any tips where I can buy a suit for the larger lady much appreciated.

Thank you

D
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the gold=plated solution is a made-to-measure, but you're looking at over 400 for the cheaper one Snugg do. Have a look at the Blue Seventy website, they do a lot of sizes, and female specific suits.
SwimsLikeAWalrus

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 5'9" and although I'm not size 18, do wear a men's wetsuit.

If you don't want to spend big money on a custom one then a men's entry level might be a good compromise with looking at.
Lazycat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm a similar size to yourself and have had a couple of Blue Seventy wetsuits, they are fairly generous in the WXLA size if you can get hold of one

They are pricey at the top end but they have a range of suits, might be worth a look? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: