Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2018 - TriTalk Reunion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Has anyone tried the new 226ers stuff? I am going with a syrup of High5 energy source on the bike and will take water plus some bars but on the run will be using the on course kit.

One thing I have just noticed and worth pointing out to you all. Their isotonic drinks contain beta alanine. For those who haven't; used this stuff, its a bit odd. Its supposed to buffer lactic acid, but it makes your skin tingle and feels funny. Think it can cause other probs. Something to think about it if you are planning on using that.

Hmm, not sure I like the idea of something that is going to make my skin feel tingly when I'm already not feeling 100% Shocked

I notice that on the bike course, they are giving out coke and isotonic in bike bottles, but water is going to be in 750ml Buxton Spring bottles with sports caps. In the past I've used an aero bottle that I've topped up on the go, so not too much issue if the bottles aren't standard bike bottles. Hopefully these will fit snuggly in a standard bike bottle cage.

No and I would imagine a lot of people are going to be surprised and worried by that. Also seems a pointless thing to be putting into a race drink as, as I understand, its similar to creatine and needs a load phase to work properly.

I have a refill aero bottle so will dump the water in and chuck the bottle straight away, then add the syrup.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like got an incentive to get a move on doing marathon

champions league final kicks off 19:45 ??
Foggyone

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I did Lanza (2016) it was FA cup final day.
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a very noisy Irish bar one year when Munster were winning the Heineken Cup final!
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race numbers are out...
SGreg

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try really hard to forget, but Chelsea won the Champions league final when I was running. Kept up to date by asking the drunkards who were half watching the match half the race.

Tempted to join until I realised who was going to win....
Whisk

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
Race numbers are out...

Jeez, it makes you feel old when your race number gets bigger every time you go back Wink

I guess it's not helped by the number of "All World Athletes". More gold hats to swim through at the start Rolling Eyes
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longest run yet today, just under 3 hours. Another 6 hour bike on Sunday. I have to say the hardest part of IM training is the boredom. 6hrs at 67 IF, yawn. In some ways looking forward to having it over with and going to back to some speedy stuff. Miss terrorizing bike groups on the flats at 800W.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Longest run yet today, just under 3 hours. Another 6 hour bike on Sunday. I have to say the hardest part of IM training is the boredom. 6hrs at 67 IF, yawn. In some ways looking forward to having it over with and going to back to some speedy stuff. Miss terrorizing bike groups on the flats at 800W.

lol brilliant

yeah 6hr bike this weekend ,it is the time alone that makes it seem so long ,u can only argue with yourself for so long Wink
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect lanza training weather. Minus the wind of course. Did a 6HR bike ride yesterday. Went too hard and my brick run was a nightmare after. Lesson learnt.

One last week of peak then taper starts. My first IM I hope it's usual at this point to completely doubt you can do it?
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be good heat acclimatisation training this weekend.

Got to say I don't miss the 6 hour bike rides or 2-3 hour runs for an IM.

Hope you'll be posting your numbers up before the race for tracking.

Jeff
tin pot

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Perfect lanza training weather. Minus the wind of course. Did a 6HR bike ride yesterday. Went too hard and my brick run was a nightmare after. Lesson learnt.

One last week of peak then taper starts. My first IM I hope it's usual at this point to completely doubt you can do it?

Ha ha - just wait until youre on the starting line... Im really here, this is really happening, oh my god, everyone else looks like a pro, Im going to clog up the swim...then the gun goes and a couple of hours later youre on the bike thinking this is going pretty well!

Have fun![/i]
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Tupperware

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeek....it's all getting close now. Just saw on FB that they are setting up the tents on the beach already (with some photos). Athlete guide is now also available.

They also released a teaser video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=MedIsDyrF6o

Managed to get my last longer ride in today (due to attending a wedding over the weekend). Good heat acclimatisation ~26C and almost full distance, but came to the end of my loop and decided I'd been out long enough Very Happy. Think that was the first long ride I've done without a jacket/jersey or overshoes....amazing what a difference some nice weather makes. The only downside was I lost my water bottle tool case thing (pinged out at some point and I must have failed to hear it drop)....led to about 100k of puncture paranoia Wink.

The lake will have warmed up a lot over the weekend so should make the swims more pleasant too.

I'll start a list for anyone interested in tracking....

Code:

TT Nick         Number        Target
------------------------------------
Tupperware      1218          A: Sub-11, B: Sub-12, C: Finish!
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:

its normal i still feel like this every time and done a few , once you been going a few hours all the fear turns to lets crack on,then by 90 miles on bike you are thinking i have had enough of this bike lark it will be good to stand up and get off this bloody bike Wink
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupperware wrote:
Eeek....it's all getting close now. Just saw on FB that they are setting up the tents on the beach already (with some photos). Athlete guide is now also available.

They also released a teaser video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=MedIsDyrF6o

Managed to get my last longer ride in today (due to attending a wedding over the weekend). Good heat acclimatisation ~26C and almost full distance, but came to the end of my loop and decided I'd been out long enough Very Happy. Think that was the first long ride I've done without a jacket/jersey or overshoes....amazing what a difference some nice weather makes. The only downside was I lost my water bottle tool case thing (pinged out at some point and I must have failed to hear it drop)....led to about 100k of puncture paranoia Wink.

The lake will have warmed up a lot over the weekend so should make the swims more pleasant too.

I'll start a list for anyone interested in tracking....

Code:

TT Nick         Number        Target
------------------------------------
Tupperware      1218          A: Sub-11, B: Sub-12, C: Finish!

so Transition is on beach as predicted Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 29 of 38

Jump to: