Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2018 - TriTalk Reunion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights re booked + accommodation booked ,

Now the hard bit pressing the enter button !

Wink
Simon G.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
Flights re booked + accommodation booked ,

Now the hard bit pressing the enter button !

Wink

No, the hard bit is doing those long rides in February/March Very Happy
Simon G.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
Simon G. wrote:
EasyJet are releasing their flights for May "late September"...keep an eye on it because the prices quickly go up Smile

... does that mean you are looking at flights for any particular reason, Simon? Wink

Ozzie, I'm afraid that "unfortunately" I've got myself promoted at work and will not now be able to take time off to go to Lanzarote. I did weigh up the pros and cons before taking the job - and not being able to do Lanza is a definite "con". Trouble is, with the public sector pay freeze/massive maximum 1% wage rise every year since 2009 (and with a 2nd "child" about to go to Uni), really my family need the money. I'm working so many more hours now so I've decided to have a year off Ironman - but will hopefully make a comeback somewhere in 2019 Smile
Good luck with your training and if I win the lottery before May, I'll see you there! I'll be in touch nearer the time anyway. I seem to have a place in the London Marathon so at least that's something.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon G. wrote:
Ozzie1973 wrote:
Simon G. wrote:
EasyJet are releasing their flights for May "late September"...keep an eye on it because the prices quickly go up Smile

... does that mean you are looking at flights for any particular reason, Simon? Wink

Ozzie, I'm afraid that "unfortunately" I've got myself promoted at work and will not now be able to take time off to go to Lanzarote. I did weigh up the pros and cons before taking the job - and not being able to do Lanza is a definite "con". Trouble is, with the public sector pay freeze/massive maximum 1% wage rise every year since 2009 (and with a 2nd "child" about to go to Uni), really my family need the money. I'm working so many more hours now so I've decided to have a year off Ironman - but will hopefully make a comeback somewhere in 2019 Smile
Good luck with your training and if I win the lottery before May, I'll see you there! I'll be in touch nearer the time anyway. I seem to have a place in the London Marathon so at least that's something.

good luck with new job simon

theres something about getting out training in feb / march that feels rewarding Wink

its when its still like that in late april/may that it grinds u down
iwaters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now in officially! Just need to book flights and accommodation. Bringing the family and having a hols after it.

Just ordered a Tacx Flux as well so might get the Tacx Course Video and spend the winter riding the course!

I'm in Lanza in March for a training camp too.

Just need to shed about 13 Kgs and I'll be sound.
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Just ordered a Tacx Flux as well so might get the Tacx Course Video and spend the winter riding the course!

Does it simulate the wind too? Wink The Lanza course is lumpy, but it's the wind that makes it a really hard day out on the bike.

After 2 years of no swimming at all, I've been to the pool 5 times in the last 2 weeks Shocked . I'm in danger of being an "Ironman in training" now, rather than a cyclist who does a bit of running. I've just got to find my running mojo and start to extend my runs (currently all less than 10km) Rolling Eyes
iwaters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
iwaters wrote:

Does it simulate the wind too? Wink The Lanza course is lumpy, but it's the wind that makes it a really hard day out on the bike.

Yeah I did a training camp in Lanza in March. Very windy. The road down to Famara I have never had to peddle so hard going down hill. Wind I don't mind so much as I am quite powerful, I am heavy though and its the lumps that grind me down.
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone stayed at Sol Lanzarote? Looks nice and all-inclusive. Also 150m from the start finish line. Be good for the wife and kids to just pop in and out when I am passing. Looks like lots to do.

Think I might have to go for a suite and queen sized bed to fit my 6'5'' frame in.

I assume all these places will be used to people bringing bikes in and will be ok with that?
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great hotel

if you referring to the Sol Lanzarote think you better check google ,its at least a 1 1/2 walk to start

its a tad more than 150m Wink
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past I've used La Penita and Rocas Blancas. All very central, and good value for money.

I've booked a private villa this time, as I've got my kids and my parents with me this time.

My eldest boy, Sam (13), is doing Ironkids, so it's great to have a training partner. I wish all I had to do was a 1,000m run and a 400m swim... I'm more nervous for him than I am for me!
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
great hotel

if you referring to the Sol Lanzarote think you better check google ,its at least a 1 1/2 walk to start

I got the 150m value form a Tripadvisor post. Didn't both looking if that was actually true.

Like the look of the Sol, plenty for my kids to do. Free beer and wine included too!
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Stivrunning wrote:
great hotel

I got the 150m value form a Tripadvisor post. Didn't both looking if that was actually true.

Like the look of the Sol, plenty for my kids to do. Free beer and wine included too!

hotel fine Smile and great location

its a good walk to start or a few euros in taxi
Davem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Stivrunning wrote:
great hotel

It it probably 150m from Hoyas Hondas beach, not the main PDC beach where the start is..

Thr run course does skirt past it though
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davem wrote:
Stivrunning wrote:
iwaters wrote:
Stivrunning wrote:
great hotel

It it probably 150m from Hoyas Hondas beach, not the main PDC beach where the start is..

Thr run course does skirt past it though

usually theres a good crowd outside the hotel and a feed station
will turbo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was booked into sol lanzarote but couldn't arse with the aggro of walking to the start in the morning, reckon it 3-4K
So booked the hotel thats on the beach next too the start line. More expensive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: