Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Lanzarote 2018 - TriTalk Reunion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
earthling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
new bike course on twitter

no la santa , no famara Exclamation

still looks a tough day

What the fu.............
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to find it - could someone please post a link? Official website not updated yet...
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a search 4

#ironmanlanzarote
or
#ironmancamps
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it - thanks. Nothing on the official page, but it was on the Ironmancamps page.

Looks like an interesting change. Not sad to see Famara go - I always found the long haul across the 'desert' to be really tedious.

Thanks for sharing.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
Got it - thanks. Nothing on the official page, but it was on the Ironmancamps page.

Looks like an interesting change. Not sad to see Famara go - I always found the long haul across the 'desert' to be really tedious.

Thanks for sharing.

loved famara bit , only cause all the ones setting of like they on fire slow down up there

the start looks a beast now straight uphill , also from the dodgy photo looks like back over false fire mountain

its a shame but end of day its 112 mile in heat and wind so no matter what route u take
Tupperware

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this:

To this:

I've not raced Lanza before but on a previous holiday recce I quite like the bit around La Santa.
iwaters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on the official page, just a map from some random on Twitter.

Not sure I buy this to be honest.

If it is true it doesn't look too bad. Still got the main iconic parts in (El Golfo, Timanfaya, Mirrador). Could be worse.
Foggyone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like its still got the pot holes bit at Nazeret, that is one bit I would like to see gone!
Andy G

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the new course then it is not bad at all. Still goes from one side of the island to the other - El Golfo and Mirador del Rio.

There was always massive queues of cars at the roundabout having to give way to the race coming up from Puerto Calero to turn left onto the LZ2. Maybe this more direct (steeper) route to the LZ2 will prevent such queues.

Tinajo village always seemed to resent the bike course zipping through and no doubt closing them off for hours. This new route will keep Tinajo open to the North. It's a shame that Famara is off the course especially for those of us who remember the original road surface from Soo.

This looks a great compromise, to be honest I was expecting a multi lap ride along some flat(ish) stretch.

Andy G
Tupperware

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Nutrition Partner Reply with quote

According to "Club La Santa Ironman Lanzarote" facebook page 226ERS will be the new nutrition partner. Anyone tried it?

Copied directly....not my translation!! Shocked

Quote:
226ers new sponsor of the Club La Santa IRONMAN® Lanzarote

Press release
The supplements of the sports nutrition brand specialized in long-distance triathlon will be present during this year's edition at the refreshments of the event held in Lanzarote and organized by the Club La Santa.

Now the participants of the legendary event will be able to enjoy the quality of a sports supplement created specially to face the 226 kilometres modality. The name of the brand derives precisely from what triathletes finishers are called from the distance of an IRONMAN® test.

Not for nothing is this event considered a benchmark and one of the hardest IRONMAN® in the world, as well as a perfect prelude to the Kona IRONMAN® World Championship in Hawaii. There are many similarities between the two events, both disputed between volcanoes and located in islands with a unique landscape, where the wind, although invisible, is a protagonist that will shake all participants in both ends of the planet.

The steep gradient in the cycling section (2,551 meters compared to 1.090 meters from Kona) and the constancy of its characteristic trade winds, which predominate on the island, without differentiating day from night and barely gusty like Kona's trade winds, but perpetual, playing against and with whom we meet along almost the entire journey, make this test a real challenge to which every triathlete who loves long distance competition wants to face sometime in his life.

In a test of such difficulty, you should not leave anything to chance. That is why 226ERS have created a whole line of products perfectly adapted to face this modality, specially designed to perform optimally in extreme situations, where every little detail can go for or against the participant.

Jesús Sánchez Bas, CEO of 226ERS, considers that: “The Club La Santa IRONMAN® Lanzarote is one of the most important and mythical events in distance IRONMAN® and for me to be part of this event is a dream come true. I have participated in this race on several occasions and I always thought that someday we could be part of its history and be able to contribute by feeding the dreams of all participants with our products."

Fabio Eligio Cabrera Cruz, Sports and Race Manager of Club La Santa, declared: "We have opted for 226ERS as a nutrition brand for the quality of its products, variety and philosophy in the supplementation aimed at long-distance athletes, for the monitoring and care with which 226ERS treats its products, being aware of the needs and taking into account all types of sportsmen and women. Let's hope we can help our participants and that this relationship between 226ERS and Club La Santa lasts a long time.

https://www.226ers.com/
iwaters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard of that stuff at all. In some respects I am glad. My coach gave me some Powerbar gels to get used to as he didn't like them. I can see why, they are horrid. Not sure how they got it so wrong.

Will order some of this and try it. More and more though I am thinking I will probably rely on my own stuff on the bike and only use this on the run with some coke - brown liquid, not white powder.
iwaters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this from their website:

"Just like those who practice running are called runners, those who practice this sport can be called 226ERS."

Um, no never called anyone who does IMs that, never heard anyone refer to themselves at that.

That's surely the vocal equivalent of a mDot tattoo?
Davem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im out....

Had an op on my wrist yesterday to repair a busted meniscus and
Do a bone shave. Not swimming for 5 weeks. No cycling for 6/7 which leaves only 3 weeks for training in late April early may.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davem wrote:
Im out....

Had an op on my wrist yesterday to repair a busted meniscus and
Do a bone shave. Not swimming for 5 weeks. No cycling for 6/7 which leaves only 3 weeks for training in late April early may.

sorry to here that Dave

hope you mend well & quick
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been cycling some parts of the course and the breeze is either a joy or a curse with nothing between. Some of the rough roads are very fatiguing.

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 18 of 38

Jump to: