Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Sleeved tri suits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Sleeved tri suits Reply with quote

Behold, 2017 was the year of all new gear for FP! So far I've a new bike, new helmet, new runners, new wetsuit and new tri suit Cool

With regards to the last item, I've got a new tri suit and despite trying it on in the shop, I'm not convinced it's a good fit.

It's a 2XU something or other, this one I think

https://www.triuk.com/products/2xu/2xu-x-vent-full-zip-trisuit-ss17#.WSg_JWcktIY

I haven't done any exercise in it yet but when I wear it, it feels good in the chest, slightly wrinkly in the sleeves and not as tight in the legs as my cycling bibs, I tried a size smaller and it was too tight.

It's ages since I've had a tri suit, do you go for a mega tight fit? I'm considering returning (still have the tags/receipt ) and getting the Orca instead.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been going through this a bit myself. I have a Castelli Sanremo free I got of ebay (the original version). It's Italian, so a large is pretty snug on me (182/74kg). The chest isn't as tight as my Castelli aero road jersey, so it does crease a little more around the shoulders, but I couldn't run in that aero jersey it's so tight. The legs do tend to be a bit short too on the sanremo, although I race in those ForQuad compression sleeves, which mitigates that.

I tried-on a few Zoot suits, and found them no better, and in fact the zip is not a full one with a hem like the Castelli and the 2XU, so not as good imho. The Kiwami LD Aero is supposed to be awesome, but it's 300 euro iirc.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered an Orca 226 XL as well (178/81kgs). It's heaps lighter than the 2xu and thinner, has a thinner chamois and a bit tighter than the 2XU but does feel more breathable.

I haven't used either yet but will in the morning as I am OWS and I will send the other back for a refund (full refund for Orca, store credit with 2XU).

i think the seams are flatter with the 2XU but everyone says how comfy the Orca is when racing and have a inkling the 2XU might stretch making it a bit too loose over time. Difficult choice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: