Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Election question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the issue lies with the lack of polarity...as posted before, the inability to debate, the pursuit of ideals that have unintended consequences without objection and allowing the left to behave the way the right did 80 odd years ago is hurting society

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that Teresa May does not heed the calls to postpone the election, for while this might be very tempting to save her own skin with dwindling poll numbers, it would play straight into terrorist hands, enabling them to claim victory and giving them a valuable piece of recruitment and funding propaganda. As a politician however she may try to save her skin in the short term in the hope that polls improve again with time.

I am guessing that with the fake bomb vests our spooks are doing a good job in keeping the real stuff off the streets, well done.

I used to work at London Bridge, so I do have some knowledge of that area. Now, sadly, I know why I was being pulled to read the news this morning.

The election must go on as scheduled to avoid a propaganda win resulting in more future attacks. A postponement could have horrific future attack consequences. (More funding, recruitment, terrorist confidence, Britain being a place where propaganda results are easy to generate etc)

It is probably a good job that I don't run an established viewing team for I would already be hunting.
Gus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason the election should not be postponed is because at the moment I can only bear the thought of having to put up with so much bullsh1t and idiocy in the news and especially social media knowing it will all be over by Friday.

Please don't elongate my suffering.

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
The main reason the election should not be postponed is because at the moment I can only bear the thought of having to put up with so much bullsh1t and idiocy in the news and especially social media knowing it will all be over by Friday.

Please don't elongate my suffering.

absolutely...the sooner we get through the next parliament and are shot of all three main party leaders the better...

Tony Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who exactly is calling for postponement, or isit the same non-entities who papers claim are raising "Twitter-storms", "outrage" etc., i.e. nobody of any significance.

TM has had how many years in positions of office and achieved nothing of any note other than complete CF's such as failure to even be able to measure immigration, failures of passport office, border-control system issues etc. etc. I never see anyone standing up saying how effective she is, so I can't see anything improving or even changing with her higher up the ladder. Just seems to be a deafening silence. She just thinks she knows it all and we should all sit here and take it because Grandma Theresa knows best, and I bet she micro-manages those beneath her. The only thing she has stated recently that is correct is that tolerance is not the answer, and we need more intolerance, but she will never act on it because of her stupid religious beliefs. Her claimed strength and stability is boring and without foundation, and means going nowhere, or sitting waiting to be knocked off balance. Would rather take a mad punt on anything except the current status-quo and I suspect results on Fri will reflect that.

'slims at wifey's work apparently all sit around blaming Ariana Grande for the recent incidents, saying she is a target because she looks like a Muslim and then dances around in her pants and is adored by their young. They can't quite comprehend that she is Italian-American and just feel that she should dress and behave better because she LOOKS LIKE a Muslim. Pretty funny really, but that is the mindset we are up against. Don't remember them being that upset 30 years ago when Asian Babes magazine was prominently featured on every corner-shop top shelf, but then there were less of them and we had a bit more intolerance of them at that time, so they kept quiet and went about their religion in private without bothering the rest of us, until Rushdie poked them with a stick and they got all up themselves and realized we were too tolerant and ineffectively governed to do anything about it, so if they kept pushing we would eventually concede. Not much has gone on in the last 30 years of government to dispel that myth in their minds. How many of our papers published the Danish cartoons, or the Charlie Hebdo ones? They are too scared both legally and physically, but taking the P out of Christianity or the pope or the royal family or most other religions/establishments is OK, whereas the recent trend has been to bring in laws mainly to protect the sensitivity of followers of Islam, which just emboldens them further.

In 2017 do we really need people dressed in wigs and silk stockings to run our court system? Unelected people with white furry rodent-skin collars in Westminster to debate our laws? Air-hostesses daughters that we are supposed to bow to, living in palaces protected by men with dead bears on their heads?

TM isn't going to touch any of that so what is she going to do to change anything? If you think all the above have a purpose then she is your woman, but personally it just all seems a bit pointless now so would rather mix it up a bit.

Not too worried about Diane Abbott either - she will last less than 6 months in a responsible office before getting kicked out.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/Y127h8iL3Z4

This appeared on my YouTube feed this morning, a copper calling TM a liar and explaining precisely why.

If life really is that bad for the police then the Cameron government has even more to answer for than making people despair, homeless and in some cases more suicidal.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy to blame the tories....

of course it takes no account of the #@?# they inherited...

thankfully we have a great opportunity to reinstate the cash cow...some one else can pick up the tab later...

Tony Stark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame the Tories, just all the professional politicians in bed with self-interested financiers (literally in the case of TM). Would rather give some amateurs a go and see what comes out of the s**tstorm.
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
I don't blame the Tories, just all the professional politicians in bed with self-interested financiers (literally in the case of TM). Would rather give some amateurs a go and see what comes out of the s**tstorm.

Oh that's easy. Have a look at Venezuela Wink

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Corbinladen can critique the Tories on security is beyond me...

GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
Would rather give some amateurs a go and see what comes out of the s**tstorm.

A country is not a f*cking game of Monopoly where you can try being the hat rather than the car, and decide you will restart the game because you are losing.

You often hear 'its a race to the bottom' when trying to justify why people should be paid more for a low-skill job which if often unwanted - its not. Its a race to not be left at the bottom and trying to put an amateur in charge is barking mad. Industry leaves, it NEVER comes back because some other b*gger has it, and they wont be so stupid as to let it go.

If you think decent plumber is expensive, try the cost of using a cheap plumber.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
of course it takes no account of the #@?# they inherited......

What really p*sses me off is the economically illiterate who try the 'well under the Tories we have nor debt than any other government' when claiming Labour would be better at managing the economy.

It was Labour who created a massive structural deficit
(all those lovely PFI's and that public sector bloat)

It is Labour which fights against ever single attempt to reduce the deficit - the hole they dug is so deep that after 10ish years out, its still not been filled in.

And every day we have a deficit, the debt mountain grows.

Austerity ? My ar*e. We still spend more than we take in taxes and that is not austerity. Its like being told you can only have two doughnuts instead of your usual five doughnuts a day, using the credit card when you have no way to pay off the current balance let alone what you are buying today.

http://oliveremberton.com/2014/the-problem-isnt-that-life-is-unfair-its-your-broken-idea-of-fairness/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tomorrow it is and I still don't know who I am voting for.

Spent ages talking to Labour on the doorstep, really thought about Lib Dems, Greens don't even know if a candidate is standing, and Tories, well I genuinely like my MP, but with TMs performance re 'war on terror' etc I really don't think that I can vote for her.

Truth be told they do genuinely all seem to be as the old adage goes 'as bad as each other'.

Might be back to closing my eyes and crossing the name the pencil lands closest to. Which is really quite sad, given that I want to positively vote for someone who can turn this country around sensibly.

But hey ho.

The funniest bit is that the Labour chap is absolutely convinced that if no one gets a majority Labour will govern in coalition with SNP, and wait for it, he genuinely believes that Sturgeon will give up on Independence because having power in England, the SNP won't want to loose it! I think that might be underestimating Sturgeons desire for independence.
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are thinking of voting labour, you should watch this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/06/diane-abbott-flounders-details-anti-terror-report-another-awkward/

Seriously. Watch this and if you are not horrified at the prospect of this woman becoming this country's Home Secretary, then you really are wrong in the head. As Graham says above, this isn't a game. People are dying in our streets, children being murdered at pop concerts and you honestly think this joke of a 'politician' is fit for any role of any responsibility to take care of YOU?

This woman, who can barely string a fekking sentence together, is going to be in charge of the security of our nation. This isn't a fekking joke. She is a fekking clown and it just seriously angers me that Labour supporters can't see through this.

Get a fekking grip.
Rolling Eyes

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why may's record on war on terror is poor...

Corbin has always supported terrorist organisations and voted against any measures to control....the shadow chancellor is the former GLC bloke who almost bankrupted the GLC to try to beat Thatcher...

People tend to get more conservative as they age which, I assume is in part to a greater understanding of how the world works. At least if labour reel out the youth to help get them in - and the thought of free tuition and not having to work is quite compelling - at least they will be able to repent at leisure...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: