Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New triathlon in Loire valley - France
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironpionjunior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello !
only 50 places in individual for the XXL and it will be close.

bye
ironpionjunior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full distance is sold out. 700 registrations.
Ironpion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the individual registrations are closed on the Full & Half, but, you can try to do it with a team. We have bibs on the two distances, Full and Half !
See you soon girls and guys !
awildt

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching all my old triathlon club mates prep for this on Facebook and I'm feeling a bit sad I didn't make the effort to do this. Really looks like it's going to be a good one. I hope it's a calm sunny day, but not too hot.

But T1 is a loooooonnnng way from the water. Hope that doesn't upset too many people.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant event. The French love triathlon and know how to do it properly.

One line summary - Ironman for 1/3rd price.

Weather was a mix of thunderstorms and windless furnace. The transition area and all the bars/food stalls/ shops were well laid out at an accessible 'expo' part of town. Minor criticism (and only one of the whole day really) was that 'getting in' in the morning was confusing as every marshall was saying 'not this way'.

Main points (I won't list as pros and cons as people will have different views)

- brown water river swim with a big current
- Run between T1 change and T1 bike (maybe 5mins.) I think it should get known as the 'welsh transition'
- Super fast bike. Great roads, great views, little climbing. Novelty 'speedway' loop.
- Bike well marshalled. Although if doing the half you encounter the back of the full
- Straightforward run of a big and small loop, next to river and lake and through expo area. Small loop was quite twisty, including a deviation around the top of a stadium. Some elevation and little shade (despite what they claim.)
- Good support all round and efficient organisation
- Take your language skills, no one really spoke English and even my simple French didn't work very well for nuances of transition rules etc.

(4.43 33rd overall - or 37th including the relays, pretty pleased if you take off the #@?# swim and welsh transition)
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and free sports massage after the finish, without a queue.
awildt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was looking forward to your feedback. Most of my old tri club were volunteers for the day and I know they were taking it very seriously.

I did notice the ridiculously long T1. It's a long old way from the river to Parc des Expos.

It's not a commercial organisation with volunteers offering their time for free and making the most of it all. Hence why there is little English and some minor things to put up with.

The river was my old open water swimming training and the current isn't normally too bad - what you do have, you go against in one direction and make the most of it going back. They have had a lot of rain so obviously a bit stronger at the moment.

Excited to see it develop in the years to come, just annoyed with myself for not being there for the first one.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
Was looking forward to your feedback. Most of my old tri club were volunteers for the day and I know they were taking it very seriously.

I did notice the ridiculously long T1. It's a long old way from the river to Parc des Expos.

It's not a commercial organisation with volunteers offering their time for free and making the most of it all. Hence why there is little English and some minor things to put up with.

The river was my old open water swimming training and the current isn't normally too bad - what you do have, you go against in one direction and make the most of it going back. They have had a lot of rain so obviously a bit stronger at the moment.

Excited to see it develop in the years to come, just annoyed with myself for not being there for the first one.

It was a brilliant event and the volunteers were all great - they couldn't have been more helpful. My lack of French is not their fault Smile

I am a massive fan of triathlons in France, Vichy (pre ironman) and Tours were brilliant and Nice is good given it's location.

The swim just irritated me as I was sure I had made a balls up of my route (avoiding and taking advantage of the current) and it showed in my time.

Finally, you are local! Which means I may have been the token Brit in the event..... Very Happy I'm sure that's not the case but I didn't see anyone else all day

(unless the guy in the Huub wetsuit with the union jack plastered all over it speaking fluent French was actually British....... Wink )
awildt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
awildt wrote:

It was a brilliant event and the volunteers were all great - they couldn't have been more helpful. My lack of French is not their fault Smile

I am a massive fan of triathlons in France, Vichy (pre ironman) and Tours were brilliant and Nice is good given it's location.

The swim just irritated me as I was sure I had made a balls up of my route (avoiding and taking advantage of the current) and it showed in my time.

Finally, you are local! Which means I may have been the token Brit in the event..... Very Happy I'm sure that's not the case but I didn't see anyone else all day

(unless the guy in the Huub wetsuit with the union jack plastered all over it speaking fluent French was actually British....... Wink )

Sorry my comments weren't to criticise you. I'm amazed at what they pulled off knowing all the people involved. Wink

Looking at the results, I think you may have been the token (non France resident) Brit. There are a few expats based in France that do a fair few tri's. Big club in Paris called "Expatriees" that captured a lot of the UK/USA high earners on contract in France.

I think this forum post was about the extent of the publicity outside of France.

The same people organise a sprint and oly distance race at the end of June in nearby Nouatre. That's also a great race and one of the few olympic distance races with a large cash prize fund. It tends to attract a lot of international triathletes that base themselves in France for the Euro summer. I suspect this race will grow but hopefully it isn't taken over by the big brands.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
awildt wrote:

Sorry my comments weren't to criticise you. I'm amazed at what they pulled off knowing all the people involved. Wink

Looking at the results, I think you may have been the token (non France resident) Brit. There are a few expats based in France that do a fair few tri's. Big club in Paris called "Expatriees" that captured a lot of the UK/USA high earners on contract in France.

I think this forum post was about the extent of the publicity outside of France.

The same people organise a sprint and oly distance race at the end of June in nearby Nouatre. That's also a great race and one of the few olympic distance races with a large cash prize fund. It tends to attract a lot of international triathletes that base themselves in France for the Euro summer. I suspect this race will grow but hopefully it isn't taken over by the big brands.

No criticism taken.
Was a great event and I'd recommend it to anyone. And a very easy long weekend from the UK
ironpionjunior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: toursn'man Reply with quote

i'm glad you enjoyed !
we hope doing better next year !
you came by plane ?

for those who want to see some picture, the link.

https://www.facebook.com/toursnman/videos/1701814263243608/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-YASDFNAA/?hl=fr&taken-by=ecidermipon

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-YASDFNAA/?hl=fr&taken-by=ecidermipon
ironpionjunior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the next edition of the "tours'nman will take place on June 16, 2019.

registration on September 1

www.toursnman.com

https://www.facebook.com/toursnman/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/toursnman/?hl=fr
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:

Weather was a mix of thunderstorms and windless furnace. The transition area and all the bars/food stalls/ shops were well laid out at an accessible 'expo' part of town. Minor criticism (and only one of the whole day really) was that 'getting in' in the morning was confusing as every marshall was saying 'not this way'.

- Run between T1 change and T1 bike (maybe 5mins.) I think it should get known as the 'welsh transition'
- Super fast bike. Great roads, great views, little climbing. Novelty 'speedway' loop.
- Bike well marshalled. Although if doing the half you encounter the back of the full
- Straightforward run of a big and small loop, next to river and lake and through expo area. Small loop was quite twisty, including a deviation around the top of a stadium. Some elevation and little shade (despite what they claim.)
- Take your language skills, no one really spoke English and even my simple French didn't work very well for nuances of transition rules etc.

(4.43 33rd overall - or 37th including the relays, pretty pleased if you take off the #@?# swim and welsh transition)

Can you share any strava activity links, or similar?
The website is currently 404-ing the course maps page
awildt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:

Can you share any strava activity links, or similar?
The website is currently 404-ing the course maps page

Strava search around Tours, France for cycling / running activities?

It's flat. apart from 2 "hills". Lived there for 5 years and it was my usual cycling route. It's very flat...
awildt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.strava.com/segments/17922778
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: