Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New triathlon in Loire valley - France
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
I thought there was maybe a way to gain some insight from someone on the inside with organising French triathlons.

Your insight is...

Only 12 places left in XXL!
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
stenard wrote:
I thought there was maybe a way to gain some insight from someone on the inside with organising French triathlons.

Your insight is...

Only 12 places left in XXL!

If it's that popular, why do they need our money Confused
awildt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
stenard wrote:
Sorry to somewhat hijack your event thread in the context of another thread, but I am looking to update myself on the changes...

In your athlete guide for the 2018 race, in article 3 you have the following:
Quote:
Soit licenciés « compétition » à une Fédération étrangère affiliée à l’International Triathlon Union (ITU) : Leur pass-ITU (voir article 6 « conditions d’accès) les informe sur leurs conditions d’assurance.

Could you let me know which part of the FFTri rergulations the "voir article 6 « conditions d’accès" refer to. I've searched the FFTri website, but not been able to find them.

Separately, are you also having to make the change to your 2019 race, as outlined in the other thread? E.g. the above will no longer be true, but you can only exempt athletes holding ITU licenses with specified other national federations?

As a race organiser, are you potentially more closely involved with FFTri to understand why this change has been made?

Having been to Tours before, this race was actually one I was contemplating for the future. But the logistical hassle of the changes is disincentivising French races for me almost entirely, which is a shame.

Gosh man, you have a REAL bee in your bonnet about this.

Go and do this race, I did it this year and it's v v good at half the cost of branded.

Haha. I can see how it seems that way. It mainly just transpired he posted an update on this thread the same day I put up my other thread, and I thought there was maybe a way to gain some insight from someone on the inside with organising French triathlons.

To save you all the hassle and to stop you giving these organisers a hard time. I've emailed the president of my old club in France, who also happens to be part of the organising team for this race to find out the actual situation with the licence changes. As soon as I get a response I will post it up all the threads that have been created around the subject.

Given that the UK is so brand-centric, the Pion family are merely trying to show you all that you can save money and enjoy a well organised iron-distance event, you just don't get all the merch. Cut them some slack. And their English isn't great, so good for them for giving it a go. The triathlon heritage of this family goes a back a lot further than most can lay claim to.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:

Given that the UK is so brand-centric, the Pion family are merely trying to show you all that you can save money and enjoy a well organised iron-distance event, you just don't get all the merch. Cut them some slack. And their English isn't great, so good for them for giving it a go. The triathlon heritage of this family goes a back a lot further than most can lay claim to.

Painted in that way, it sounds like 'Pion' is a defacto brand on the French Triathlon scene. There are plenty of UK events other than WTC that sell-out, and they effectively have a brand of their own.

Any RD that registers here purely to transmit about their event gets pulled-up on it; it happened recently with the contrived posting about the Ultraman event Smile
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
stenard wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
stenard wrote:
Sorry to somewhat hijack your event thread in the context of another thread, but I am looking to update myself on the changes...

In your athlete guide for the 2018 race, in article 3 you have the following:
Quote:
Soit licenciés « compétition » à une Fédération étrangère affiliée à l’International Triathlon Union (ITU) : Leur pass-ITU (voir article 6 « conditions d’accès) les informe sur leurs conditions d’assurance.

Could you let me know which part of the FFTri rergulations the "voir article 6 « conditions d’accès" refer to. I've searched the FFTri website, but not been able to find them.

Separately, are you also having to make the change to your 2019 race, as outlined in the other thread? E.g. the above will no longer be true, but you can only exempt athletes holding ITU licenses with specified other national federations?

As a race organiser, are you potentially more closely involved with FFTri to understand why this change has been made?

Having been to Tours before, this race was actually one I was contemplating for the future. But the logistical hassle of the changes is disincentivising French races for me almost entirely, which is a shame.

Gosh man, you have a REAL bee in your bonnet about this.

Go and do this race, I did it this year and it's v v good at half the cost of branded.

Haha. I can see how it seems that way. It mainly just transpired he posted an update on this thread the same day I put up my other thread, and I thought there was maybe a way to gain some insight from someone on the inside with organising French triathlons.

To save you all the hassle and to stop you giving these organisers a hard time. I've emailed the president of my old club in France, who also happens to be part of the organising team for this race to find out the actual situation with the licence changes. As soon as I get a response I will post it up all the threads that have been created around the subject.

They are not 'merely' doing anything, they know exactly what they are doing. As Jorgan says, the guy is on constant 'transmit'. He's using the site the get free adverstising for his race, he doesn't even answer questions on his own thread about his own race!

I know the trendy bandwagon on here is to instantly blow smoke up the arses of any race/org that isn't British but some races in the UK are actually pretty good and I'd rather my money went to supporting local triathlon on the BTF (or Aussie races).

It's very rich to play the 'don't speak English' card when they are happy to use an English speaking forum to spam blast meaningless 'updates' about their own race.

This race might be the best thing since post race cold beer and a massage with a happy ending but this constant one way communication and ingnoring genuine questions, wouldn't see me rush to sign up for it.
stenard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:

Wow, chill out. You seem to see this as a personal slight on the French.

How is asking a question of an organiser of a race, who publicises the race here, if I will need to buy a race license next year, "giving them a hard time"?

You have then done exactly what I was trying to do in ask the question - get some insight at the level of a French triathlon organiser.

And "all the threads". Haha. There is one that I created. That is all.

I also have no idea what you mean about "brand centric". I've only ever done a handful of triathlons that are international brands. Almost all are small organisations, ok that maybe coordinate a handful of different races, but that fundamentally operate for the enjoyment of bringing events to participants.

That said, your offer of input is appreciated. Ultimately, that was all I ever asked for in my one and only thread. Someone in the know who could offer some details on the apparent change. Whilst one occurrence of €45 is not the biggest financial concern, as I was considering a handful of French races next year, branded and non, multiple instances of €45 would begin to stack up and trend me towards some other non-French options. That was all I was originally trying to find out about, as I was in the planning phase of 2019.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, must be off-season Very Happy
awildt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response received

les licences britanniques seront toujours acceptées en France en 2019

We can all calm down now Rolling Eyes

Question remains - where did the original info come from...

(Translation - the British licence is still accepted in France in 2019)
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
Response received

les licences britanniques seront toujours acceptées en France en 2019

We can all calm down now Rolling Eyes

Question remains - where did the original info come from...

(Translation - the British licence is still accepted in France in 2019)

And he couldn’t answer a question on his own thread about his own race because Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: