Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
British Telecom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: British Telecom Reply with quote

What is it about them that makes them so uniquely incompetent?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sit around all day playing Monopoly.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being forced to have 10x as many users as everyone else, and having the oldest infrastructure in the country.

They would be able to be so much better if they didnt have the universal service obligation as they could ditch all the troublesome parts of the country, infrastructure and overhead cabling, and just go where it was easy, like the cable TV companies.

And probably that at heart, there are still a lot of ex-public sector workers in there who aren't that bothered about customers.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, all that, but surely if nothing else a communication company should at least be able to communicate...

FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it makes you feel any better, Telstra in Oz (ex Gov) operate in exactly the same way. They only got a boot up the ar$e when the grubberment sold a second operator licence to Optus (which was Cable and Wireless owned back then).
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I could fill ten pages with my hatred of this company.

I've moved an awful lot in my life, and each time, without fail, I've had a negative, horrible experience with BT. Every single time there has been an issue, problem, delay, 'extra' cost - you name it, I've had it.

They know full well their effective-monopolistic position and they therefore just 'don't care'. Simple.

I curse BT with the strongest possible voodoooooooo.

Evil or Very Mad

My 15 minutes of fame
FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't stand em. Taking my phoneline and broadband business elsewhere at the earliest opportunity.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely incapable of communicating.....unbelievable...

Tony Stark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even have a BT account but they are very good at communicating with me by sending me lots of personalised junk mail for stuff I don't want at stupidly high prices and lots of Indians keep calling me at all times of day.

Their small print in their adverts communicates lots of detail, such as their super-fast 'unlimited' broadband package with a fair usage limit of 12GB per month. What is the point of superfast connection with a tiny limit?
FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
I don't even have a BT account but they are very good at communicating with me by sending me lots of personalised junk mail for stuff I don't want at stupidly high prices and lots of Indians keep calling me at all times of day.

Their small print in their adverts communicates lots of detail, such as their super-fast 'unlimited' broadband package with a fair usage limit of 12GB per month. What is the point of superfast connection with a tiny limit?

It's perfect if you're a premature ejaculator
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12GB fair useage on unlimited Laughing Back when we were on Virgin they had a 40GB plan sat below the Unlimited one. I found both Virgin and then BT superfast pretty crap. We're with Vodafone now, as they pay the line rental for us and it's pretty much half what BT was; apparently a loyalty scheme for suckers like me who've been with them for too long!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are still unbelievably carp...Apparently a 4 day delay (no guarantee, could be longer) is an acceptable recovery for a service we have paid for, were at pains to ensure was booked and even assured Mrs eJC whilst she waited patiently that the engineer was on the way...

all of this now being driven and administered by the customer and not the company...

Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had an issue with our BT line a couple of months ago. We lost the phone line but the internet connection was still working. The on-line diagnostics showed that the phone was still working when clearly it wasn't Rolling Eyes .

When we finally got through to someone to book an engineer, the guy in the call centre was at pains to point out how much the call-out would cost if it turned out that the fault was something within our house and were we really sure that we wanted someone to come out. Well, the phone line that we are paying for isn't working, so of course we want an engineer to come out.

We booked a 13:00 - 18:00 time slot and the engineer duly arrived at about 14:00. He was a very pleasant chap who seemed to know what he was doing. He confirmed that our phone was indeed not working and eventually discovered not one but two faults between our door and the manhole at the entrance to our development. After about 3 hours, he managed to fix everything and left us as happy customers Cool

What about the other two calls that he had scheduled in for that afternoon? Oh, it was nearly the end of his shift, so he couldn't go to them and they'd have to reschedule for another time. I bet they were really pleased to find that they'd waited in for nothing and would have to waste another day to get their phone line fixed Rolling Eyes
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
We had an issue with our BT line a couple of months ago. We lost the phone line but the internet connection was still working. The on-line diagnostics showed that the phone was still working when clearly it wasn't Rolling Eyes .

When we finally got through to someone to book an engineer, the guy in the call centre was at pains to point out how much the call-out would cost if it turned out that the fault was something within our house and were we really sure that we wanted someone to come out. Well, the phone line that we are paying for isn't working, so of course we want an engineer to come out.

We booked a 13:00 - 18:00 time slot and the engineer duly arrived at about 14:00. He was a very pleasant chap who seemed to know what he was doing. He confirmed that our phone was indeed not working and eventually discovered not one but two faults between our door and the manhole at the entrance to our development. After about 3 hours, he managed to fix everything and left us as happy customers Cool

What about the other two calls that he had scheduled in for that afternoon? Oh, it was nearly the end of his shift, so he couldn't go to them and they'd have to reschedule for another time. I bet they were really pleased to find that they'd waited in for nothing and would have to waste another day to get their phone line fixed Rolling Eyes

I had real problems with them on the last office move...it took 7 days to get a connection and it took me to threaten to climb the telegraph pole to convince the engineer that he didn't need a cherry picker...

I should state, all the engineers have been great in my experience, and, as per your example they will generally do whatever is required to get teh job done.

What pains me about this, outside of the ongoing inconvenience, is that Mrs eJC waited for the whole 5 hour window (arriving early just in case) and phoned half way through to check, once again, that the engineer was on the way. When she phoned again at 6 and stood in the pouring rain for 40 mins waiting for someone with sufficient IQ to understand what had happened, she was told that the engineer hadn't been booked (by BT).

After the last time, i only stayed with them for continuity and will be leaving as soon as humanly possible...

i must go and move the car now...and run off some of the caffeine...

GrahamO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
What about the other two calls that he had scheduled in for that afternoon? Oh, it was nearly the end of his shift, so he couldn't go to them and they'd have to reschedule for another time.

So whats your practical solution ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: