Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
British Telecom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Whisk wrote:
What about the other two calls that he had scheduled in for that afternoon? Oh, it was nearly the end of his shift, so he couldn't go to them and they'd have to reschedule for another time.

So whats your practical solution ?

From the consumer's point of view, I'd want them to have the capacity and flexibility in their system so that all of the appointments that are booked can be attended on the day, even if it means them shuffling around their engineers on the fly.

Obviously that would have cost implications and people with a BT land line have limited opportunities to go elsewhere, so I suspect that we are stuck with the level of service that we currently have Rolling Eyes
GrahamO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Obviously that would have cost implications and people with a BT land line have limited opportunities to go elsewhere, so I suspect that we are stuck with the level of service that we currently have Rolling Eyes

Of course - its good to see you acknowledge the limitations that BT are placed under. Bt are also price capped by Ofcom so being able to hace staff hanging around waiting for things to do isnt something that Ofcom would permit, so you get what you pay for.

Its like those people who complain about British Airways pricing while refusing to pay more than Ryanair prices and want a better service but are unwilling to pay for it.

Personally I've never had a problem with BT for a phone line, and always went third party for broadband. I tried to order Virgin BB but they lost my order just before it was due for installation so I told them to feck off and got BT line and BB in, two days later.

I then took a pair of bolt cutters to their fibre cable into the house and so when the installer turned up three months later to install it, he asked if I knew the cable had been damaged. I asked him if he knew I had in writing there was no order. Very Happy

The funny bit was a year or so later a nice chap from Virgin Multimedia knocked on the door and asked if they could run another cable under my front lawn, through a copse of trees with preservation orders on them, so the neighbours path wouldnt have to be dug up (it has just been re-tarmac'd). I invited him to go elsewhere so he went next door and told them - they ordered Sky TV instead.
CrazyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having being double charged for 10 months and their total incompetence I cannot figure out why anyone would voluntarily switch to BT.

I have reported them to the ombudsmen and about to instigate legal action against them.

I have a daily chant now. "BT thou are't #@?# Very Happy
Gus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyGirl wrote:
Having being double charged for 10 months and their total incompetence I cannot figure out why anyone would voluntarily switch to BT.

I have reported them to the ombudsmen and about to instigate legal action against them.

You should crowdfund your case. You'll end up with a fund big enough to take them to the House of Lords.

My 15 minutes of fame
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
CrazyGirl wrote:

You should crowdfund your case. You'll end up with a fund big enough to take them to the House of Lords.

Unless your name is Jordan Rapp. Very Happy
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, two days on and still no line....

One person assures me it will be today, the call centre assure me it will be next Tuesday...the call centre says we need to be in the house (impossible today), the other person says not...

Am in Kitsbuhel next week...it would be nice to think i can call home occasionally...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another failure...which is, apparently, nothing to do with competency...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyGirl wrote:

me too....they are effing awful....

still unable to even provide a call back let alone and engineer...

Jan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate BT. We had no landline for 4 weeks! We use Plusnet & it was them we were dealing with. The fault was underground outside our property. After 2 weeks we had an engineer connect a temporary spur off our neighbours line. A week later another engineer came to dig up the road and feed a new line through into our garden. A week later a different engineer came to put the new line through our house wall and connect the line. We then had a working line but the line was exposed outside our house wall.,there was still a hole in the road with a plastic barrier around it. Contacting them was a nightmare. They kept coming when we weren't in and leaving "sorry we missed you" cards. The hole in the road is now repaired but the cable into our house is still not finished to our satisfaction.
We don't blame the engineers at all, in fact they were very nice but communication needs to be improved. Very poor customer service in our opinion.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engineers last time were fab...dealing with BT was the nightmare...at one stage the 'case handler' highlighted her success of managing to liaise with India to get some feedback...I had to remind her that it was BT who set up the contract and should have been managing the process in the first place...

still no news...but am earning lots of Costa reward points at present...

The_Exile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hte bigger issue is actually Open Reach - or at least it was in my situation.

GrahamO wrote:
Whisk wrote:
What about the other two calls that he had scheduled in for that afternoon? Oh, it was nearly the end of his shift, so he couldn't go to them and they'd have to reschedule for another time.

So whats your practical solution ?

A better solution than the current one would be to acually contact the customer and let them know. It took three appointments for someone to actually turn up to ours, if we had got so much as a phonecall apologising for not arriving it would be ok, instead we were left to chase and rebook.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyGirl wrote:

how are you getting on with the ombudsmen CG???

that's my next step...

CrazyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
CrazyGirl wrote:

that's my next step...

After demanding a lock letter in excess of 10 times I reported them two weeks ago without one. It can take a while from what I understand. I hate them I really do can't wait to leave.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyGirl wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
CrazyGirl wrote:

that's my next step...

After demanding a lock letter in excess of 10 times I reported them two weeks ago without one. It can take a while from what I understand. I hate them I really do can't wait to leave.

i may just accept my offer although part of me would rather spend my time humiliating them....I have never known such a dishonest bunch of people...

CrazyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
CrazyGirl wrote:

that's my next step...

Received an email this morning saying the ombudsman has decided in my favour. They have to repay me everything they owe me and an agreed compensation. They offered me 100 which I have refused and they counter offered me an acceptable amount 3 hours later.

Everything was on line and very smooth. The good news is I can leave without penalty now which is brilliant cos I don't need internet after August.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: