Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
In a democracy, a nation gets the Government it deserves.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't underestimate the Torys in this regard Gus. Egos, total belief that their factions way is the 'the' way, desire to maintain power at all costs etc. May is in a bind whatever she (or any other pm) does re Brexit could split the party very seriously. And that will pour out heaps of dark energy. A Profumo exhaustion is rather close, though I think still preventable. Just.

Re Corbyn, that is trickier. Yes once the country is stuck in strike after strike etc, that will turn people away. But against that we have the building:-

1. Momentum away from the Tory beliefs, claims, spin, of the last seven years.

2. Momentum as belief in Corbyn grows.

3. Momentum as belief in Labour being fairer and more responsible eg than the Torys have been eg re Grenfell. This aspect will grow over coming months as welfare cuts for many are just beginning to kick in and be felt. (Universal credit roll out, final changeover to pip etc).

The backlash against strikes etc will first need to counterbalance 1-3 before the Torys start to benefit from it, and that will take a long time. Especially now that the Torys reputation is increasingly in shatters.

In a way Gus, I do genuinely hope that you are proven correct as the last thing we need is to be grounded by strikes etc. But, at this moment in time, I know where my philosophical money lies.

The combination of 'forces' while beautiful to watch in an academic sense are somewhat troubling.

And I haven't even stated some of my feelings as they seem so totally 'out there' even for me.
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the channel Marge

explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the great problem with sh1tting on your own doorstep is that there is no one left with the wherewithal or desire to clear it up afterwards now...

the tory spin is probably no worse than the labour spin we are all still recovering from - in fact, it is probably better on both financial and foreign policy perspectives...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc

I agree with you.

I am not saying that Labour are better or worse than the Torys, as a floating voter nowadays I am fairly unbiased. I mean I even once defended Cameron on a forum where someone was using the word 'hate' and his policies are hurting me. So I think that I am fair and objective.

I just look at the 'energy flows' (which you can feel after doing sufficient inner work to know yourself to a certain level) and report what I currently 'feel'. It is this 'feeling' that has proven itself in remote viewing, on the Good Judgement Project, and elsewhere, including this political commentary.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can another moderator shut this thread down please as I'm too biased by the amount of drivel being generated by someone who seems to produce most of the garbage on the forum these days.

When you're writing half of a 15 page forum on nothing but rubbish, someone needs to get some help as talking about it isnt working. its just feeding the delusions that its interesting.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am shocked that anyone does not understand that they are biased...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Can another moderator shut this thread down please as I'm too biased by the amount of drivel being generated by someone who seems to produce most of the garbage on the forum these days.

When you're writing half of a 15 page forum on nothing but rubbish, someone needs to get some help as talking about it isnt working. its just feeding the delusions that its interesting.
GrahamO, I disagreed with you and you become intolerant of me.

Shame.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem might not be what you think.

This is a Triathlon Forum. When the largest & most active thread is this one, essentially a bunch of middle-aged men arguing about politics, it's going to put-off a lot of new visitors on the Forum, who come here to get knowledge on Triathlon. When even the political aspect is routinely overshadowed by the esoteric monologues of an individual, then many will just shake their heads and go back to FB.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan

Ok, that I get.

Ultimately, it is simply a several step development on from the combined pulls of eg wanting something v knowing you shouldn't and is very widely taught through religions, esoteric and fraternal societies, and indeed in some parts of sports training so hardly delusional. I just have invested time in developing it to help make me a better person. And I explained it here, so that those who are interested can understand why I can now do what I can do re insights etc (though being widely read is also part of it).

Anyhow I have better things to do in life than take grief without the benefit of a pay check to compensate for it, so I will now take my leave and wish you all well.

Potential forumites may also be put of by bullying and intolerance btw.

Might see you at a tri, one day.

Best wishes.
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
The problem might not be what you think.

This is a Triathlon Forum. When the largest & most active thread is this one, essentially a bunch of middle-aged men arguing about politics, it's going to put-off a lot of new visitors on the Forum, who come here to get knowledge on Triathlon. When even the political aspect is routinely overshadowed by the esoteric monologues of an individual, then many will just shake their heads and go back to FB.

Well said.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get posting on other topics then guys....

Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every discussion needs a protagonist - how boring (and short) this thread would've been without Sloggers.

One man's 'drivel' is another man's beliefs.

Who knows, there could be a whole army of triathlon-loving esoterics lurking on the forum, grown in number because of Sloggers' staunch defence of his views. Razz

"I might not agree with your views, but I will defend to the last your right to express them"... or something like that Wink

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Every discussion needs a protagonist - how boring (and short) this thread would've been without Sloggers.

One man's 'drivel' is another man's beliefs.

Who knows, there could be a whole army of triathlon-loving esoterics lurking on the forum, grown in number because of Sloggers' staunch defence of his views. Razz

"I might not agree with your views, but I will defend to the last your right to express them"... or something like that Wink

Freedom is the right to think differently...and also the right to hear what others have to say...

You close down debate at your own peril...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: