Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Stupid Injuries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sock but slipper related injury for me; a nice lie in on bank holiday Monday, going downstairs to make a cuppa, slipped half way when (admittedly old and saggy) slipper missed the stair and got whiplash. Ouch.
Andy916

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else get a bit too race-focussed during a hard training session? ...

Yesterday I did a duathlon to work, prior to Sunday's du at Helwith Bridge. I was on my TT bike, a P2 to which I've added powerful Magura brakes. A fast ride on quiet roads, pushing hard. Into a village a Range Rover overtakes on the narrow road just before a blind bend then sharp descent. I follow without backing off much, mildly irked. Halfway down the sharp descent the RR comes to a near-complete halt to pass a car coming the other way. Being stupidly close I brake to the point of pulling a stoppy (haven't done that on the P2 or on carbon rims before) narrowly missing RR and lightly tapping the other car's bumper with my shin. Had sympathetic words from other car driver, and we established no damage had been done. RR driver stops further down the road and remonstrates with me, completely oblivious to her ill-judged overtake. We, err, disagree somewhat and I completed my ride then run off the bike.

The knee is now inflamed, with an improvement overnight that I hope continues, to be able to actually do the duathlon on Sunday. Doh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: