Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Wales Recce
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

I'm keen to do a loop or two of the IM Wales bike course whilst I'm in the area between Sun 9th July and Weds 13th. Is anyone with local knowledge keen to join me? Or have a detailed route for me to follow?

Thanks
FatPom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
I'm keen to do a loop or two of the IM Wales bike course whilst I'm in the area between Sun 9th July and Weds 13th. Is anyone with local knowledge keen to join me? Or have a detailed route for me to follow?

Thanks

That's straight after LCW., you'll be able to follow the gel wrappers Rolling Eyes

The course is on either the IM Wales site or the Tenby LCW site.
WhittleFit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Just be aware, the LCW bike and IM bike courses are slightly different (but only slightly).
kevb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny, you have PM
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

WhittleFit wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Just be aware, the LCW bike and IM bike courses are slightly different (but only slightly).

How so, it's the first I've ever heard of that?
TSH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Last year, a bit in the narrow roads out towards Angle were removed - with an extra bit around Tenby between the two (smaller) laps. For IMWales, you ride straight past the garage and onto the second lap! The out and back to Pembroke has also been removed in LCW, with an additional bit of loop stuck in somewhere in the countryside (you turn right down a lane!!).

Hope this helps - there are subtle differences.
TSH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for info - there are no similarities between the LCW and IMWales run courses - with the exception that they are both in Wales!
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

TSH wrote:
FatPom wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Last year, a bit in the narrow roads out towards Angle were removed - with an extra bit around Tenby between the two (smaller) laps. For IMWales, you ride straight past the garage and onto the second lap! The out and back to Pembroke has also been removed in LCW, with an additional bit of loop stuck in somewhere in the countryside (you turn right down a lane!!).

Ah I see, thanks. I did it in 2015, I'm pretty sure they were the same back then. In 2015 a guy smashed head on into a van on one of the narrow descents, looked nasty Sad
WhittleFit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

TSH wrote:
FatPom wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
FatPom wrote:

What he said. Angle loop is different (but only changed last year) and a section off the Ridgeway (after Lamprey, you up onto the Ridgeway, turn left, down a hill then on the IM Wales course you turn right down a lane whereas on the LCW route you go straight on instead of turning right).
blindcider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: IM Wales Recce Reply with quote

WhittleFit wrote:
TSH wrote:
FatPom wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
FatPom wrote:

What he said. Angle loop is different (but only changed last year) and a section off the Ridgeway (after Lamprey, you up onto the Ridgeway, turn left, down a hill then on the IM Wales course you turn right down a lane whereas on the LCW route you go straight on instead of turning right).

I haven't checked this years route but in the briefing last year they said the Angle bit was only changed last minute due to the wet conditions.
TSH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the bike leg is the same as last year in that it does not go out to Angle and it has a couple of extra bits to make up the distance - like the bit to Templeton.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong thread
fenn123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is best to park for bike recce?

TY.
WhittleFit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenn123 wrote:

TY.

- Gas Lane Car Park
- Salterns Car Park
- Tenby Leisure Centre Car Park
- Multi-storey Car Park (NCP car park in town)
Davem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenn123 wrote:

TY.

Swansea?? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: