Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Knee jerk reaction justified?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Knee jerk reaction justified? Reply with quote

So if your house burns down, do you get one of these too?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/21/sixty-eight-flats-2bn-luxury-kensington-block-given-grenfell/

Discuss...

My 15 minutes of fame
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the pictures in the article are not of the 120 affordable homes built next door as part of the wider project. I have no doubt many were destined to be social housing in any case.

I don't really think there's much to be discussed.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only right and just...

i am waiting for the those who offered to house immigrants to offer the same for these families...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I'm pretty sure the pictures in the article are not of the 120 affordable homes built next door as part of the wider project. I have no doubt many were destined to be social housing in any case.

I don't really think there's much to be discussed.

Yep, you don't get to build any big development in London now without including some sort of affordable housing in the project (although lots of developments now tend to put the affordable housing on a different site, in a cheaper neighbourhood Wink .

If the City of London Corporation only paid 10m for 68 flats then they've got them for a bargain (147k each!). Seems pretty pointless banging on about the gym and the concierge service when the affordable development probably doesn't have access to it.

It would be a different story if they were all being put up in 1m+ flats. I can't see that going down too well with the people who'd paid full wack for a luxury property.
AndyS..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media will go out of their way to make sure you hate the victims of the fire because most of them are immigrants and/or in receipt of benefits. Looks like their campaign has started.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyS.. wrote:
The media will go out of their way to make sure you hate the victims of the fire because most of them are immigrants and/or in receipt of benefits. Looks like their campaign has started.

Some media..

The others will go out of their way to blame the PM...their campaign has started too...

Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyS.. wrote:

Actually, the media has been overwhelmingly portraying the victims in a positive light. The pro-immigrant agenda has been in full swing for a long time.
The media has gone out of its way for quite some time now to make sure everyone hates anybody 'white' and 'middle class'.

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
AndyS.. wrote:

Actually, the media has been overwhelmingly portraying the victims in a positive light. The pro-immigrant agenda has been in full swing for a long time.
The media has gone out of its way for quite some time now to make sure everyone hates anybody 'white' and 'middle class'.

british and american white and middle class...

which puts me in the clear Smile

GrahamO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyS.. wrote:

I think the media have ben quite supportive of the people affected (quite rightly), whereas the morons who stormed the local council and the 'Day of Rage' were clearly just jumping on a bandwagon for other reasons.

It certainly seemed that the last two events mostly comprised people more at home in a dusty, third world bombed out hellhole than people who would have recognised a 'Stay Calm, and Carry on' posters meaning.

Its pretty sad when protestors find themselves whipped up by a terrorist supporting Marxist who advocated the overthrow of the elected government by violet means for decades and at the 11th hour said ' but do not be violent'.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
AndyS.. wrote:

I think the media have ben quite supportive of the people affected (quite rightly), whereas the morons who stormed the local council and the 'Day of Rage' were clearly just jumping on a bandwagon for other reasons.

It certainly seemed that the last two events mostly comprised people more at home in a dusty, third world bombed out hellhole than people who would have recognised a 'Stay Calm, and Carry on' posters meaning.

Its pretty sad when protestors find themselves whipped up by a terrorist supporting Marxist who advocated the overthrow of the elected government by violet means for decades and at the 11th hour said ' but do not be violent'.

i don't want to start predicting things, especially as my Br'er rabbit score is not that great...but hasn't he called for a day of action (or inaction) which should sort things out...

Tony Stark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are clearly the new stand-in for SS - you have just used your amazing powers to predict something which happened yesterday.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
You are clearly the new stand-in for SS - you have just used your amazing powers to predict something which happened yesterday.

Doh! Smile

Seriously? did I miss the chance of a bit of a ruck with the boys in blue in the name of tolerance and freedom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: