Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Back to run training after knee injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds really familiar. I didn't run at all for 6 weeks, I started running on a grass track 2 weeks ago, but not done anything on the treadmill.

I am icing after run, but not had any swelling

I can't imagine running off the bike at the moment - my knee is fine when I am riding, however, when I get off the bike it is stiff. At some point I am going to need to do some brick sessions to work out a strategy, e.g do I start off walking until the stiffness goes?
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done no running for 6 weeks now, and only about 30 miles if that in the last 12.

My injuries do feel like they are healing and I'm hoping the physio will say I can start some jogging when I see him on the 24th.

Just got to the point now where I might as well wait until I can run injury free.

Hope you get back soon.

Jeff
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My knee has been slowly recovering for the past 8 weeks, and I am gradually getting back into running

Yesterday I bought a foam roller, used it in the afternoon, and instantly I was able to walk without any limp at all

Used it again this morning, all pain in my knee has vanished, for the first time in months it feels 100% normal

Pure coincidence? was the foam roller all that was needed to iron out a few niggles? Have I been stuggling with a slow recovery, when something this simple could have made all the difference weeks ago?

I feeling really pleased, however, slightly frustrated that I should have been doing this weeks ago
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: