Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Non-WetSuit IM Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miketri

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Non-WetSuit IM Events Reply with quote

So distinct possibility IM Switzerland will be non-wetsuit given current temp forecast.

Question is, for the swim do you have to wear a top/vest (Male) or can you just swim with no upper body cover?

Questions is because I am a two piece wearer so need to be prepared thats all.

IMUK 14, IM Lanza 16, Outlaw Half 13/14, Wimbleball 14, Barca 70.3 15, IM Staffs 70.3 15, Manchester Marathon x3, ToughGuy
Cen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't tell you for sure, but at IM Mallorca last year (which was wetsuit legal, but only just and announced as such race morning) they were issuing penalties to those without a top on.
Whitters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may depend under who's jurisdiction the race is run. Austria 2012 was non-wetsuit - they knew at the briefing it would be and allowed a Q&A session on that subject. Bare torsos for men were allowed, women had to cover their bits.
max_power_nz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM Switzerland was non-wetsuit in 2015 and there were plenty of guys swimming in just tri shorts.
Aldo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place for water temperature and the wrong weather forecast then I think the chance if non wetsuit for Switzerland has gone down significantly. 23.2 degrees right now and weather is poor for the next few days. It then warms up but the water cools significantly over night so I would expect it needs to be up near 25 on Saturday after noon for it to be non wetsuits on race morning which I'm not sure is likely now. I hope at least!

If it is non wetsuit I will wear a swim skin I have borrowed without my sleeved Tri top which I'll attempt to put on in t1
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did IM CH back in 2007, it seemed like nudity was almost compulsory in the open air transition area and in the finishers' area, so I reckon you could get away with no swimsuit at all and the locals wouldn't care Wink
SGreg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
When I did IM CH back in 2007, it seemed like nudity was almost compulsory in the open air transition area and in the finishers' area, so I reckon you could get away with no swimsuit at all and the locals wouldn't care Wink

Swim Biff might take on a whole new level though, what with extra "things" to grab hold of ..... Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: