Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman kit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mortirolo wrote:
SGreg wrote:
There are lots of different IM course with lots of different Profiles, Not all of them are flat, in fact I think more are hilly than really flat. and some are really quite mountainous...Lanza, France spring to mind.

Something to suit everyone!

I was looking at Ironman France, with climbing involved that would suit me down to a tea been a roadie! I wouldn't have to use a TT bike, in fact I ridden some of those climbs they aren't that steep, but some of those decents would be a problem on a TT bike they are reasonably technical. That way I wouldn't have to adjust to a TT bike which I hate more than 50km to be honest. I suppose you going to get a better chance of good weather in Nice. But when it rains in Nice it's in the bucket loads! I think Nice would be hard, sea swim and run but would suit me for my 1st full Ironman rather than Zurich for example where you need a TT bike, maybe after my 1st ironman I could switch to a TT bike for the next one......thinking

you need the TT bike to increase your ability to run - get the set up improved to enable you to train for longer...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wales is a superb race where roadie bike and descending/climbing skills count and negate the need for TT bike/aero bling.
mortirolo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
mortirolo wrote:
SGreg wrote:
There are lots of different IM course with lots of different Profiles, Not all of them are flat, in fact I think more are hilly than really flat. and some are really quite mountainous...Lanza, France spring to mind.

Something to suit everyone!

I was looking at Ironman France, with climbing involved that would suit me down to a tea been a roadie! I wouldn't have to use a TT bike, in fact I ridden some of those climbs they aren't that steep, but some of those decents would be a problem on a TT bike they are reasonably technical. That way I wouldn't have to adjust to a TT bike which I hate more than 50km to be honest. I suppose you going to get a better chance of good weather in Nice. But when it rains in Nice it's in the bucket loads! I think Nice would be hard, sea swim and run but would suit me for my 1st full Ironman rather than Zurich for example where you need a TT bike, maybe after my 1st ironman I could switch to a TT bike for the next one......thinking

you need the TT bike to increase your ability to run - get the set up improved to enable you to train for longer...

"you need the TT bike to increase your ability to run" - I guess you mean saving energy? I mean a TT bike is just to reduce the external factors around you like wind to make you in a more aero position? on climbs or decents TT will not help at all this will be down to weight ratio, wattage ouput and skill. On Flatish courses you will save a load of time on a TT bike!
Cen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mortirolo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

I guess you mean saving energy? I mean a TT bike is just to reduce the external factors around you like wind to make you in a more aero position? on climbs or decents TT will not help at all this will be down to weight ratio, wattage ouput and skill. On Flatish courses you will save a load of time on a TT bike!

The seat angle on a TT bike is different, making them easier to run off (I'll let someone more biologically technical than me explain the difference in how it engages your muscle groups).

TRO Saracen wrote:

Wales is a superb race where roadie bike and descending/climbing skills count and negate the need for TT bike/aero bling.

Quite a lumpy marathon too though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: