Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Integrated stem and bars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Integrated stem and bars Reply with quote

For my current bike, I remove the bars from th stem when packing it in the bike box for travel (Bike Box Alan) but am considering a bike with an integrated stem and handlebars.

Anyone got any experience of how you can get a bike into a hard box without separating the stem and handlebars ?
Cobbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For someone who always pretends to know everything, that's a very strange question.

Just remove the stem from the steerer and twist slightly to get bars aligned with the frame.
If you have a box that won't allow that then you're probably screwed unless you remove the cables
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree you need to remove the stem from the steerer tube, but remember that the fork is now not held securely in place and so can drop down and spacers, washers, bearings etc can also start flying loose if you pick the frame up. Clamp an old stem, or a seatpost clamp, or a jubilee clip or something similar onto the steerer to keep it all together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: