Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Application of Drafting time penalties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

Just asking because I see in the Outlaw results that people who have time penalties have the same clock time at the finish (photo) as in the results. So were they serving those penalties out on the course Question
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Just asking because I see in the Outlaw results that people who have time penalties have the same clock time at the finish (photo) as in the results. So were they serving those penalties out on the course Question

Isn't that normal?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:

Isn't that normal?

I don't know. I know in Ironman events they have a penalty tent, but not sure what they do in BTF events, I thought they added the time onto your result, but it would seem not at Outlaw, given the 'evidence'.

What I need is someone who's been busted at a race to put their hand up Very Happy
Doca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't mentioned in the briefing & I didn't see anything on the way round. Unless they held you at T2 I suspect they have forgot to add the time to the results.
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i see, no penalty tents Confused I assumed all races had them but my brain is usually fried so memory is always hazy.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
It wasn't mentioned in the briefing & I didn't see anything on the way round. Unless they held you at T2 I suspect they have forgot to add the time to the results.

Which is what I wondered, pretty poor if they bagged a prize in that case!
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Ad'H short the other day, those miscreants whom it was deemed necessary to penalise had to do some extra running before leaving T2.

At least I think that was what was happening. You'd have to be extremely unlucky/blatant/unpopular to be singled out for a drafting penalty though.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Isn't that normal?

I don't know. I know in Ironman events they have a penalty tent, but not sure what they do in BTF events, I thought they added the time onto your result, but it would seem not at Outlaw, given the 'evidence'.

What I need is someone who's been busted at a race to put their hand up Very Happy

not for that Smile

only seen penalty boxes at internationals and IM...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
fat buddha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Isn't that normal?

not for that Smile

sometimes get penalty boxes at BTF events - I manned one at the BTF Duathlon Champs earlier this year. don't know what they did at Outlaw however - I shall check
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can be only 2 possibilities for Outlaw: either they served penalties out on the course, or they failed to add the penalties to finish times in the results (which could have 'robbed' someone of a prize).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Isn't that normal?

not for that Smile

sometimes get penalty boxes at BTF events - I manned one at the BTF Duathlon Champs earlier this year. don't know what they did at Outlaw however - I shall check

cool...that's progress

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
fat buddha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Application of Drafting time penalties Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
fat buddha wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:

Isn't that normal?

not for that Smile

cool...that's progress

it's not so easy to get penalty boxes on bike and run courses at "local" events due to the need for a) people to man them, b) getting decent comms to relay penalties to those manning the box, c) getting people to serve their penalties and at the correct time. at BTF champ or ETU/ITU events, TOs carry out the management and the comms side of penalties and getting athletes to serve penalties is easier as they a) understand the process and b) are briefed in advance on the process. so for local events, penalty times are added on to finishing times as the easiest option.

but many penalties these days are no longer 1 or 2 min for minor transgressions, but 10/15 seconds in line with the ITU rules so we manage these on a stop and go basis as we can. drafting penalties still get added on once we have feedback from motos on who to penalise.
Jazz_UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a few Outlaw events cannot anything about a penalty box

I do remember hearing about a large group riding together at the 2015 half...think they were disqualified for dangerous riding eg cutting a corner/going over white lines.

Stuart
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

No on course penalties at Outlaw.
Initial tracker results did add on the 5 minute penalties, including the instant text to phone. But on confirmed results uploaded the day after the "Results" time is the finishing time, and then the column next to it says +5 min
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
Embarassed

No on course penalties at Outlaw.
Initial tracker results did add on the 5 minute penalties, including the instant text to phone. But on confirmed results uploaded the day after the "Results" time is the finishing time, and then the column next to it says +5 min

This is what I suspected; pretty poor show. I wonder if someone missed-out on a prize because of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: