Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Submarine found...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Submarine found... Reply with quote

So that is where sloggers has been...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/14/kim-wall-sea-search-continues-for-journalist-in-submarine-mystery

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Gus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is, did he find the sub for them, or is he 'hunting' the journalist?

Go Sloggers Wink

My 15 minutes of fame
Gus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to add, this is quite an interesting story - don't know if I've been watching too much Skandi Noire recently but it has all the makings of a fascinating murder-mystery....

My 15 minutes of fame
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And possibly the most obscure way to murder someone ever.

1. Obtain huge sums in crowd funding
2. Build largest ever private submarine
3. Attract attention of travelling journalist
4. Murder journalist
5. Sink sub to hide tracks
6. Get rescued

Mwa haha.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Question is, did he find the sub for them, or is he 'hunting' the journalist?

Go Sloggers Wink
I realise that this thread is possibly an attempt by EJC, supported by Gus to get me posting again, (some masons tried and failed to do that a long time ago now on a Masonic forum), or perhaps Ejc is just having fun Wink .

However, given Ejc did, followed by Gus, I will 'bite' for this one comment. But I have no desire to get drawn back in as life is simply too short to deal with the grief and intolerance. I am happy just to read and learn as I build myself back up through spinal stenosis into extreme sports again.

Now my point back to Ejc and Gus.....

Given that time has passed, I wonder how many extra submarines, over the expected norm, have now been successfully dronned? And how many of them, if any, are due to my paper?

Hopefully I have done a little bit to make our world a little safer for us all. And given sufficient (by which you sadly need to read stupidly unrealistically high) resources that is only the start.

As a side thought, given how multiple nations presumably drone submarines, as explained in The Economist, do some submarines have a chain of different nations drones following them constantly?

Hey ho it's more interesting than Tax law! (And I am the sort of nerd that does find tax law interesting for its motivational and economic effects Shocked )
Gus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mwa ha ha ha... our evil conspiracy worked....

And now that we've got you back Wink

C'mon Sloggers, it's been dull without you. This definitely has to be worth a discussion:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/will-2017-solar-eclipse-cause-secret-planet-called-nibiru-destroy/

We are all going to die in 34 days.

(Better cancel my subscriptions).

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Trump conspiracy was more up Slogger's street...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't quite believe that I am typing this, but hey ho.

Ejc, Gus, I know (or at least think that I know) what you are trying to do here, coax me back into contributing. And yes that has sort of worked, but seriously I am not interested in the intolerance reappearing.

However, if you are going to try to find out what 'conspiracy theories' will goad me into contributing, you should understand that my interest in conspiracy theories is the same as my interest in tax law.

I studied tax in my economics degree and practiced it in Price Waterhouse. This enabled me to understand the macro economic picture of taxes and also how at a micro corporate and personal level tax law motivates organisations and people. I like to understand things from as many perspectives as possible.

Now apply this to conspiracy theories. I will use alien ufos as an example. My personal view is that the volumes of historical evidence (religious texts, legends, written records from history across globe etc), combined with the often death bed confessions of the likes of generals and pilots and policemen, would indicate that there might be some truth to it. I mean in any other scenario when a copper says he saw something he or she is generally believed.

With ufos I have extensively read the books (including non fiction kids books would you believe), talked to 'experts' in the field, considered official government positions, declassified material, the accounts pilots from several militaries who say that they were in dogfights with such things etc. I have read conspiracy forums and talked to people who believe that they have been abducted.

I invested that time to give me knowledge, perspective, understanding of all 'sides' of the issue.

It's the same with my decade long meandering around and in the Masonic world (remember I stewarded a lodge for a year and have taken part in an 'open' Masonic ceremony), while listening to the Icke community. But I didn't just talk to ugle, I got to know a number of UK and Global fraternities. This enabled me to have a broad and as detailed picture as you can from the outside. (The Masonic world is bigger and more diverse than many masons might realise and is better than most conspiracy theorists believe, though I have also encountered the sadly darker side of the Masonic world).

Now to your specific points:-

Gus - nibiru, been there done that. At a conceptual level I do believe that there are people out there who do regularly visit us throughout history, as evidence by many pilots, policemen, generals, biblical accounts, tribal legends, etc. The evidence is not hard to find if you are objective. Assuming you take the likes of policemens words as evidence obviously. It must be a bl@@dy nightmare for governments, which is perhaps why as Margaret That has famously said "You can't tell the people" and where our very own past head of our military and I think iirc possibly NATO as well as some stage, Lord Hill Norton believed the Americans keep us and him out of the loop. If my memory is serving me correctly obviously. Apologies now if I am misremembering or inaccurately extrapolating from what he has publicly said on this issue. One would assume that you could trust the word of the head of our military.

Ejc - Trump, I genuinely hope that he does make America great again, as since at least the Bush junior days it has been on the decline (just as the British Empire and every other empire declined) and as China continues to rise and fill the gap (nothing in pricinple wrong with that) there will come a day when America sees the wood from the trees and its own decline and it won't be happy with its reduced standing in the world and that could be destabilising. (I mean at Davos America was absent and Chinas president was saying iirc we are open to trade) I would imagine it was the same when we realised that we no longer ruled the waves. So while I wouldn't have voted for Trump, and don't like what he is doing, he was democratically elected and I hope that he does make America great again as that would help global stability, given the huge balancing gap that I had hoped the EU could fill, and which Russia is clearly vying for (again nowt wrong with that).

My point just because I Invest the time to learn why others believe what they believe, because I reflect upon those beliefs, does not mean that I believe them. It only means that I am open minded, willing to accept that are all different and valuable, and acknowledge that by considering the others persons position, growth and stability can be achieved.

Soap box put away.

Gus with only a few days left you had better start ticking off those things on your bucket list! just think of the baby boom! Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should be more tolerant of intolerance sloggers...

my take is that they simply didn't share your views and were willing to tell you that...

i hope that Trump does bring the US down...that's what the left want (I assume so that they could say "i told you so")...i was fascinated to see US antifa members stood behind a hammer & sickle complaining about the swastikas on display... Rolling Eyes

Tin Pot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like the sub cap did kill her. How bizarre.
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
jibberjim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
So it looks like the sub cap did kill her. How bizarre.

Would it have been more bizarre if the death was unrelated but coincidental to her meeting a weirdo who'd built a submarine but didn't even have the good sense to smuggle people, guns and drugs like most?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: