Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Best Ironman bike fitter in the UK

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jaylen84




Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 89
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Best Ironman bike fitter in the UK Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've heard Mike at Bridgtown Bikes is really good, does anyone else have any recommendations or is there any place that is seen as one of the best in the UK for Ironman bike fitting?

Thanks!
_________________
John
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chickenboy




Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Posts: 1634

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Melik at www.freespeed.co.uk knows his stuff! Fits everyone from Ironman Pros to aspiring age groupers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwaters




Joined: 06 Sep 2016
Posts: 253

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best in the UK is going to be impossible to define. Everyone can give you their opinion on people they have used.

Ill chuck in my recommendation. http://www.velomotion.co.uk/. Mike is one of the most experienced Retul fitters you can find and trains others.

He has done my original TT bike and recently I had a pre-purchase fit for my new P3. I have been very happy as have the countless others who have been there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bartebde




Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 211

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above, you can't really define "best" but as you have identified the fitter is more important then all the toys at his/her disposal.

I have had over 6 bike fits over the year and they have all differed immensely. The one I recommend to my friends are the guys at https://www.bike-science.com

I've had experiences with both their derby and Bristol branches and they have thrown up some very interesting results, which I was very happy with and the service they provided.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hammerer




Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16285
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartebde wrote:
As above, you can't really define "best" but as you have identified the fitter is more important then all the toys at his/her disposal.

I have had over 6 bike fits over the year and they have all differed immensely. The one I recommend to my friends are the guys at https://www.bike-science.com

I've had experiences with both their derby and Bristol branches and they have thrown up some very interesting results, which I was very happy with and the service they provided.


Over 6 bike fits in a year. You could buy a new bike for that and fit yourself using a turbo and trial and error.
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awildt




Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Posts: 627
Location: sunny (!) NW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyclefit UK. London, Wilmslow, and Manchester. Best in the cycling business.

They deal with real cyclist so don't take the "ironman" heirs and graces with you Wink . Money well spent with the guys who started it all and their new guys trained by them.

Www.cyclefit.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14474
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Best in the UK is going to be impossible to define. Everyone can give you their opinion on people they have used.

Ill chuck in my recommendation. http://www.velomotion.co.uk/. Mike is one of the most experienced Retul fitters you can find and trains others.

He has done my original TT bike and recently I had a pre-purchase fit for my new P3. I have been very happy as have the countless others who have been there.


Mike is very good and was taught by John Dennis who did mine...i'd go to John every time... http://www.physiohaus.co.uk/
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16217
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of these fit systems are not interested in aerodynamics, so they are not necessarily the 'best'.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14474
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Most of these fit systems are not interested in aerodynamics, so they are not necessarily the 'best'.


Any competent fitter will consider power, comfort and efficiency and prioritise accordingly
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14474
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
Cyclefit UK. London, Wilmslow, and Manchester. Best in the cycling business.

They deal with real cyclist so don't take the "ironman" heirs and graces with you Wink . Money well spent with the guys who started it all and their new guys trained by them.

Www.cyclefit.co.uk


I'd rather they dealt with real triathletes Smile
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
moonmonkey02




Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 208
Location: somewhere eating Pot Fish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
Best in the UK is going to be impossible to define. Everyone can give you their opinion on people they have used.

Ill chuck in my recommendation. http://www.velomotion.co.uk/. Mike is one of the most experienced Retul fitters you can find and trains others.

He has done my original TT bike and recently I had a pre-purchase fit for my new P3. I have been very happy as have the countless others who have been there.


+1 for Mike: knows his stuff inside out and a very good cyclist himself.
_________________
IMUK 2014, 2015
IMDE 2016, 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
awildt




Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Posts: 627
Location: sunny (!) NW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behind my recommendation for CycleFit while I was doing the research, I stumbled across this blog on their website.
http://cyclefit.co.uk/journal/cyclefit-vs-retul-bike-fitting-1

It's the part of the bike industry that's on a massive growth phase and it does concern me slightly that it's not regulated (seeing as I'm in a regulated industry). This topic is very useful to see where everyone has had good experiences.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.