Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Wales 2018 - 9th September
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, also done LCW and it's superb - not far off the IM for atmosphere around town, and as the events are across 3 days you really get to enjoy and appreciate each.

Just in case you haven't noticed yet, the swim and the bike are as per the IM, but the marathon is different - a long single loop out to Pembroke along the Ridgeway and back along the coastal road. Good scenery, but lumpy, especially second half - I think the overall ascent/descent works out as pretty close to the 4 loop IM marathon, so it's still a good test.

You can always do a loop of the run after the bike on Saturday.... Twisted Evil
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Agree, also done LCW and it's superb - not far off the IM for atmosphere around town, and as the events are across 3 days you really get to enjoy and appreciate each.

I assume that's a JOKE!

You mean you really get to fear and loath each ...especially the bike Wink
duckhen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in again
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in but having a bet each way by reserving the last room at The Atlantic for 4 nights. I will see how LCW goes and decide from there.
duckhen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes I am a bit late to the accommodation party.......could be sleeping in the car as previous years
duckhen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got the directions to access the payment plan option please I canít find where to make second instalment.

Ta
SidSnot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckhen wrote:
Anyone got the directions to access the payment plan option please I canít find where to make second instalment.

Ta

Active should have sent you a reminder email...if not, try logging in to your Active account

https://passport.active.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=74e39597-c8da-4b2e-8a14-486ecd16d683&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.active.com%2Fusers%2Fauth%2Factive_passport%2Fcallback&response_type=code
duckhen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
duckhen wrote:

Ta

Active should have sent you a reminder email...if not, try logging in to your Active account

https://passport.active.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=74e39597-c8da-4b2e-8a14-486ecd16d683&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.active.com%2Fusers%2Fauth%2Factive_passport%2Fcallback&response_type=code

Cheers Sid I tried Active but no dice there, Alice at Ironman sent me the link, they are all personalised so payment made.......that means I gotta go running tonight rather than scrapping the Dry January and getting stuck into a Cab Sav
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while.

How's everyone getting on.

I started training in January and was laying down some nice base training then got T boned by this illness. February was a total disaster, the illness really took out 3 weeks (did some very light stuff in the 3rd week).

After that I had a pre booked week in Mallorca and it absolutely hosed down and was bloody freezing - snow on all the big climbs - so that was mostly a write off as well... Rolling Eyes

Decided to end the fretting, and restart base from the 1st week in March. This has gone well so far, other than every event I've entered has been called off, or weather so appalling I wouldn't race.....

Every single cycle mile so far in March has been inside (743 miles).

Not ideal so far then, but I'm still trucking...plenty of time...
SidSnot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Been a while.

How's everyone getting on.

I started training in January and was laying down some nice base training then got T boned by this illness. February was a total disaster, the illness really took out 3 weeks (did some very light stuff in the 3rd week).

After that I had a pre booked week in Mallorca and it absolutely hosed down and was bloody freezing - snow on all the big climbs - so that was mostly a write off as well... Rolling Eyes

Decided to end the fretting, and restart base from the 1st week in March. This has gone well so far, other than every event I've entered has been called off, or weather so appalling I wouldn't race.....

Every single cycle mile so far in March has been inside (743 miles).

Not ideal so far then, but I'm still trucking...plenty of time...

Sounds like a rocky start, but there's still time.
Lots of indoor biking for me too ontop of the commute miles.
Zwift has been great; I've pushed myself more than ever over the winter and making great gains. Hoping to keep it going through to September
FatPom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike and run going OK. Swim is suffering with new job but seem to be holding same pace as last year,,,just.
duckhen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we are all a bit behind where we would like to be, me included. However we are doing some training and consistency is the key so whatever you can do keep on knocking the sessions out.

I got in the road last week for the first time in a long while, so happy not to be on the turbo in the garage also Zwift has helped with that. Swim is not happening also due to changing career but a block over Easter and then summer should get me round.

The run is the where the Welsh Dragon gets tamed so that is not negotiable for me hills and lots of steady miles off the bike.

Good luck everyone I am targeting 11.30 but as we know conditions can be variable.
Pebble 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, training going crap, tennis elbow how do you get that without playing tennis Sad
Bike, mostly Zwift and MTB so far. Running, well I cant run at all so I'll be using crutches for the run, so its a fast walk to the finish for me Smile
First event of the year this weekend with the Tour of Flanders Sportive, Belgium Smile
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit early to be focusing on this one yet. Im just in week 2 of my bastion build. I normally doing 4 months at most, usually 12 weeks if I have residual fitness which i dont. Got 3 hours on the bike (zwift) at the weekend and a half marathon a couple weeks back. swim is swim, holding 1:34 /100 ish average for 2.2k interval session. I just don't want to piss off my shoulder bursae this year so keeping that short and easy for now. I just need to lose this timber ive built up over the last 2 years of relative inactivity
Waddy-UK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to pull out from Ironman Bolton due to nasty viral infection that's wiped me out so training is back to zero, lost a month.

Question is can I get fit enough from zero to get round Tenby if I defer to that one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: