Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Britain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
doesn't cost anything to loose your shirt as far as i know....

only if you're handy with a needle and thread, otherwise it's a few quid to a seamstress.

you can always undo the buttons...

Unless it's a T or Polo, surely you don't wear dress shirts in vegas?

i wouldn't go to vegas...shirt or no shirt...many far better places to be...
this may surprise some, but I agree with you Ejc. I see Vegas as a training tool to help me know myself better, by pitching myself against the darkness (greed, egos, desires, flattery, etc etc).

You missed out on that exhibition Ejc, but a weekend in Vegas with me, might just get you to comprehend first hand what I mean when I talk of Ďenergy flowsí.

Itís a global beacon for a very good reason.

As an aside itís also an excellent business case study.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

The world order is close to upending. And while that is a natural process throughout history, it is better to have it happen smoothly to the benefit of all nations concerned.

I'm pretty sure it's happening smoothly, by virue of the fact people can predict it, but there is no 'cliff edge'. China is playing it's cards one at a time, as it slowly becomes more 'westernised' in it's outlook at values.

It's always been said that Putin plays a weak hand very well. One cannot dispute that, as he picks the battles he knows he can win without a fight (with the west); the Crimea is a textbook example.

we are too inwardly critical to cope with either russia or china...best just leave them to it...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

The world order is close to upending. And while that is a natural process throughout history, it is better to have it happen smoothly to the benefit of all nations concerned.

I'm pretty sure it's happening smoothly, by virue of the fact people can predict it, but there is no 'cliff edge'. China is playing it's cards one at a time, as it slowly becomes more 'westernised' in it's outlook at values.

It's always been said that Putin plays a weak hand very well. One cannot dispute that, as he picks the battles he knows he can win without a fight (with the west); the Crimea is a textbook example.
cant argue with that beyond....

1. No cliff edge yet, just wait until there is a critical mass of American realisation that they have lost to communists! 21st century communists I give you.

2. No one likes to loose power, ask the Conservative Party.

My money is on Michelle Obama saving the day. Iíd vote for her.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

Why's that, do you think she'll be able to bring American wages down to compete with China? It'll be years before the reverse happens.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

i wouldn't go to vegas...shirt or no shirt...many far better places to be...[this may surprise some, but I agree with you Ejc. I see Vegas as a training tool to help me know myself better, by pitching myself against the darkness (greed, egos, desires, flattery, etc etc).

You missed out on that exhibition Ejc, but a weekend in Vegas with me, might just get you to comprehend first hand what I mean when I talk of Ďenergy flowsí.

fekwits being fekwits together is hardly new, interesting or worth the travel

i can think of multiple things that would both excite and educate me more...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

Why's that, do you think she'll be able to bring American wages down to compete with China? It'll be years before the reverse happens.
that isnít the solution Jorgan, that is old school darkness thinking. Remember the surest route to darkness is a desire for money. And being lowest cost is part of that. That thinking is what has contributed to the current global divergence between the people and the powers and it is that which could become an even greater global problem.

I do understand global supply chains and all the benefits therefrom, and donít think that needs or should change.

But, the race to the bottom is simply fracturing global societies and it needs to be addressed. Though the free market has done a good job at adapting so far.

What is ďmissingĒ is the ability for peopleís hearts to be touched. This is where Trump, Le Pen, Corbyn etc have succeeded, ok Le Pen didn't translate into election success due partly to the French electoral system. But Macron did very well by touching hearts, so far at least.

Just now the people doing the heart touching are generally quite radical. Merkel aside.

What nations need to do is stabilise their own countries, and then work together for the common good. Not just in business, but also in politics, and in society.

Re America there is no reason, for example, why Apple could not invest and assemble if not build production in America, providing more jobs for Americans, itís profit margins could absorb it, and if if they added another fifty quid to their products most people would still buy them.

America could change its tax system so that there is no incentive to lock profits abroad. Though part of that is obviously affected also by BEPS etc.

Sorting the gun crime problems etc isnít directly related to being cheaper than China, which is getting easier as Chinese costs rise. Itís about touching hearts.

Inspiring your people at home and abroad. Thatís a combination America seems to struggle with.

Once you are inspired you can achieve great things.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

i wouldn't go to vegas...shirt or no shirt...many far better places to be...[this may surprise some, but I agree with you Ejc. I see Vegas as a training tool to help me know myself better, by pitching myself against the darkness (greed, egos, desires, flattery, etc etc).

but would they help you know yourself better? Would they help enable you to pierce through the veils of life?

Yes possibly.

The smoking would kill me, I would be coughing constantly from all that passive smoke and my allergies would kick in.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan

Just thought of a better way of explaining it, using conspiracy theory constructs.

Imagine that the world is controlled by good, but emotionless men. They see things as numbers.

That works for a while, but every now and again, the frictions that creates in society (as not everyone is emotionless or thinks the same ways) lead the world into places where it struggles.

Just now this is evident by the decades long growing global divergence between the people and the powers and how they interact.

The solution is for those emotionless number crunchers to inject some emotions, and some people experience, into their decision making processes.

The result would be more effective implementations and a closing of the people and power divergences around our globe. That would secure the positions of powers while giving the people a better life. Win win.
hammerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

that isnít the solution Jorgan, that is old school darkness thinking. Remember the surest route to darkness is a desire for money. And being lowest cost is part of that. That thinking is what has contributed to the current global divergence between the people and the powers and it is that which could become an even greater global problem.

I do understand global supply chains and all the benefits therefrom, and donít think that needs or should change.

But, the race to the bottom is simply fracturing global societies and it needs to be addressed. Though the free market has done a good job at adapting so far.

What is ďmissingĒ is the ability for peopleís hearts to be touched. This is where Trump, Le Pen, Corbyn etc have succeeded, ok Le Pen didn't translate into election success due partly to the French electoral system. But Macron did very well by touching hearts, so far at least.

Just now the people doing the heart touching are generally quite radical. Merkel aside.

What nations need to do is stabilise their own countries, and then work together for the common good. Not just in business, but also in politics, and in society.

Re America there is no reason, for example, why Apple could not invest and assemble if not build production in America, providing more jobs for Americans, itís profit margins could absorb it, and if if they added another fifty quid to their products most people would still buy them.

America could change its tax system so that there is no incentive to lock profits abroad. Though part of that is obviously affected also by BEPS etc.

Sorting the gun crime problems etc isnít directly related to being cheaper than China, which is getting easier as Chinese costs rise. Itís about touching hearts.

Inspiring your people at home and abroad. Thatís a combination America seems to struggle with.

Once you are inspired you can achieve great things.

I don't believe Corbyn was successful either but people seem to forget that.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

cant argue with that beyond....

1. No cliff edge yet, just wait until there is a critical mass of American realisation that they have lost to communists! 21st century communists I give you.

2. No one likes to loose power, ask the Conservative Party.

yep, the neo marxists have been bringing the US in particular down since the 60s...hence the #@?# state of their education...ours is not too far behind, though...no sign of communism though (apart from a few at Charlottesville who stood behind the hammer and sickle complaining about the nazis...ogh the irony!).

i doubt the conservative party would know what you mean...

no idea what credentials obama has, beyond being another figurehead...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

but would they help you know yourself better? Would they help enable you to pierce through the veils of life?

no

explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="slogwit"]
[quote]

yep, so much better to ship things all over the world...

[quote="slogwit"]

Just now the people doing the heart touching are generally quite radical. Merkel aside. [quote]

Merkel is a follower, not a leader

[quote="slogwit"]

[quote]
Yep, been saying it for years, but some numpty wanted us to stay in the EU

[quote="slogwit"]Re America there is no reason, for example, why Apple could not invest and assemble if not build production in America, providing more jobs for Americans, itís profit margins could absorb it, and if if they added another fifty quid to their products most people would still buy them.
[quote]

if they added only $50 dollars they'd make a shocking loss... the difference in manufacturing costs is just the basic wage

[quote="slogwit"]

[quote]
no, it's about providing people with a useful purpose in life and they shouldering some responsibility

[quote="slogwit"]

[quote]

america has failed in inspiring people so badly that just about every country wants a slice of their particular brand of captalism

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="explorerJC"][quote="slogwit"]
[quote]

yep, so much better to ship things all over the world...

[quote="slogwit"]

Just now the people doing the heart touching are generally quite radical. Merkel aside. [quote]

Merkel is a follower, not a leader

[quote="slogwit"]

[quote]
Yep, been saying it for years, but some numpty wanted us to stay in the EU

[quote="slogwit"]Re America there is no reason, for example, why Apple could not invest and assemble if not build production in America, providing more jobs for Americans, itís profit margins could absorb it, and if if they added another fifty quid to their products most people would still buy them.
[quote]

if they added only $50 dollars they'd make a shocking loss... the difference in manufacturing costs is just the basic wage

[quote="slogwit"]

[quote]
no, it's about providing people with a useful purpose in life and they shouldering some responsibility

[quote="slogwit"]

Quote:

america has failed in inspiring people so badly that just about every country wants a slice of their particular brand of captalism
Ejc your true colours are showing again.

What you call me behind my back should perhaps stay there. Name calling publicly is what Bairns in the playground do.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Imagine that the world is controlled by good, but emotionless men. They see things as numbers.

That works for a while, but every now and again, the frictions that creates in society (as not everyone is emotionless or thinks the same ways) lead the world into places where it struggles.

B*llocks.

The problems the world ever has had comes from people who make decisions based upon emotion in defiance of logic. They start wars because they believe, they promise unending benefits and no taxation, they promise to make one part of society fund the lifestyle choices of others.

If you cannot earn enough to live well, its not the job of society to fund the shortfall. its for you to catch up.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

Ejc your true colours are showing again..[/quote]

not mine, as the comment clearly states, but i thought it was clear enough for you to understand

SloggingScotsman wrote:

What you call me behind my back should perhaps stay there. Name calling publicly is what Bairns in the playground do.

as ever, you beat me to it a few pages ago, but, as with most of us, we let it ride...

oh, and, don't flatter yourself, i doubt anyone calls you anything behind your back...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: