Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Britain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc, I just quoted your post in its entirety.

I assumed that it would be obvious to all that your repeated use of “slogwit” was what I was talking about. (Funny I give you).

Anyhow Ejc, we have been here before, others will no doubt have formed an opinion on your words, just as they do mine and everyone else's.

Sticks and stones and all that Ejc, but every once in a while you publicly revert to form.

But hey ho.

Anyhow you can have your almost inevitable last word. That a powerful energy thread tugging away. Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Ejc, I just quoted your post in its entirety.

I assumed that it would be obvious to all that your repeated use of “slogwit” was what I was talking about. (Funny I give you).

Anyhow Ejc, we have been here before, others will no doubt have formed an opinion on your words, just as they do mine and everyone else's.

Sticks and stones and all that Ejc, but every once in a while you publicly revert to form.

But hey ho.

Anyhow you can have your almost inevitable last word. That a powerful energy thread tugging away. Wink

my form is pretty consistent, but it is hard to keep up with all your contradictions...

as is yours, when faced with counter argument you always cry foul

and so, once again, i will leave you to your victimhood...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:

I don't believe Corbyn was successful either but people seem to forget that.

i thought he won???

hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:

i thought he won???

He inspired a generation to vote.....and still came 2nd in a 2 horse race despite May trying her hardest to give it to him.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:

i thought he won???

He inspired a generation to vote.....and still came 2nd in a 2 horse race despite May trying her hardest to give it to him.

i think you underestimate his energy....he glows like a nuclear sub...

hammerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:

i thought he won???

I underestimate a lot of things, like North Koreas nuclear and military capabilities, West Ham, some peoples ability to find submarines and my running ability.....actually scrub that last point, nothing underestimated there.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
hammerer wrote:

i thought he won???

I underestimate a lot of things, like North Koreas nuclear and military capabilities, West Ham, some peoples ability to find submarines and my running ability.....actually scrub that last point, nothing underestimated there.

i've been overestimating west ham's ability for years...

and as for NK:

Turgidson:

Mr. President, we are rapidly approaching a moment of truth both for ourselves as human beings and for the life of our nation. Now, the truth is not always a pleasant thing, but it is necessary now to make a choice, to choose between two admittedly regrettable, but nevertheless, distinguishable post-war environments: one where you got twenty million people killed, and the other where you got a hundred and fifty million people killed.

Muffley:

You're talking about mass murder, General, not war.

Turgidson:

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the Brits.

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:

I do hope that GCHQ are now using my techniques to our advantage, or at least through the Americans, who after all publicly acknowledge funding such research for a decade, to the tune of millions in 70/80s money.

It might just help us ‘catch up’.

However, that is chicken feed to the various applications that I am at early stage reasoning out in my head, and in some cases making a degree of progress with.

From reading ‘C’s letter in this weeks Economist, from that relatively small band of Brits who keep us safe, keep watching, I may have other tools to help you gain advantage over the coming decades. Though obviously I am looking more at commercial potential than spooking.

Pity (control yourself PaulL) that Mr Coutts hasn’t opened the door to that fictional half trillion, what I could achieve with it. I mean even as a broke bloke I am continuing to lead the pack, I mean just today in the news the Conservatives Party is having to give serious consideration to the upcoming homelessness issue due to UC. How long ago did I point that out?

People really should listen to me more. When I don’t know I say I don’t know.

While I can see myself helping to positively turn the Conservatives Party around in a decade or so time, it has some very dark days ahead in the meantime, much much more so than I think it currently grasps.

Shocked
Paul L

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
… (control yourself PaulL) …

SloggingScotsman - I think I have done pretty well to resist posting on this thread up until now.

Especially, after you wrote this a while back, which I felt was very unfair given what/how you post.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
…Potential forumites may also be put of by bullying and intolerance btw…

So how about this for a deal?

You stop writing this…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
…I forewarned, as always I got ignored...

And I’ll stop correcting you, by pointing out that no one in their right mind would have read what you wrote, in the way that you wrote it, and used it as a basis for decision making.

Therefore, you really should stop claiming the world would be a different/better place if only people had listed to you in the past.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you want to be ‘heard’ then you need to use real evidence in your posts, instead of presenting an interpretation of one thing as evidence of another.

For example, take this part of your opening pitch in this thread.

SloggingScotsman wrote:
1. Globally. The UK as evidenced by the fact that no other country in the world came to listen to Mays speech, is rapidly becoming a has been. Our influence is obviously worth squat now.

How exactly are the attendance figures at a UN speech ‘evidence’ of anything at all?

The actual evidence is the fact that there are 193 countries who are members of the UN and only 5 of those 193 countries contribute more funding to the UN than the UK and that funding is based (loosely) on a country’s wealth.

By a strange coincidence of maths, in 2016, the UK gave almost exactly 5 times as much as the country in 20th place.

So do you want to hazard a guess in which year the UK’s economy will have fallen enough, or other countries’ economies will have risen enough, for the UK to be 20th biggest economy in the world?

At which point, even if the UK was the bottom economy of the G20, do you really think its influence would be “squat” compared to the 173 countries not in the G20?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I’ll try to leave you in peace now, take care, Paul. Smile
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems PaulL. Wink

Personally I try to listen to all sides of as many issues I can, from as many different types of people as I can, for that enables balanced decision making. But that is me.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulL

1. The fact remains had the Conservative Party listened to me, they may not currently be in the position where a dozen or so of their MPS have awoken to the fact that their data driven approach (however well intentioned) to UC is going to make a lot of Brits homeless over the next year. And that, along with Brexit, and no doubt other factors, will be the cause for the effect of the Conservative Party becoming worn out like it was after the Profumo Affair. I am of the opinion that there are going to be some extremely difficult days over the next few years for the party. * And as the Conservatives are the only party that I have ever been a member of that actually saddens me. In my own bumbling way I tried to prevent the upcoming catastrophe. Anyhow time will tell.

2. You asked “how exactly are the attendance figures at a UN speech evidence of anything at all?”

That is easy, it is evidence that not one other nation was of the opinion that listening to Britain was the most valuable use of their time.

And it’s not as if that was the only time recently.

3. I don’t hazard guesses Paul. And I certainly don’t know everything. But what I do know, time does tend to prove right. And I can say that with some mathematical accuracy per the good judgement project, which I really must find the time to get stuck back into.

* I could be really specific here, but it is so far ‘out there’ against conventional wisdom that I doubt anyone would believe me, and in this specific case I prefer to gain confirmation through time privately, as I really don’t wish it on anyone. But a private ‘I knew it’ can be just as an effective confidence boost, without causing alarm, ridicule or spite.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, at least Westminster didn't send a load of police up for the Scottish referendum to beat the crap out of people and fire rubber bullets at them Embarassed Perhaps we should take some comfort in that.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Oh well, at least Westminster didn't send a load of police up for the Scottish referendum to beat the crap out of people and fire rubber bullets at them Embarassed Perhaps we should take some comfort in that.

Or perhaps we should ask why are government did not ACT!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul L wrote:

So how about this for a deal?

You stop writing this…

SloggingScotsman wrote:
…I forewarned, as always I got ignored...

And I’ll stop correcting you, by pointing out that no one in their right mind would have read what you wrote, in the way that you wrote it, and used it as a basis for decision making.

What you must appreciate Paul is that in this brave new post modernist/neo-marxist world, all opinions count and all are equally valid...apparently..

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All opinions do count, as everyone counts, we just differ in terms of life experiences.

Whether every opinion is valid is another question obviously, given:-

1. An individuals opinion is based on the context of their life experience, and someone with more or different life experience (eg a more senior employee) may have a wider perspective and through that a more valuable opinion.

2. But, just because you are in power, wealthy, well connected, does not mean that your opinion is accurate, as it may derive from your beliefs and prejudices etc. It can also gain undue influence trough yes men and brown nosers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: