Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Your Kona Picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
Wellington, Ryf are both tainted goods who have made the sport, and particularly the womens race more unmarketable to the mainstream media than drugs ever did. Once they and their ilk are gone the sport may pick up a bit. Don is tainted by the same brush which is why he is largely ignored.

eh?
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoulOleRon wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:
Wellington, Ryf are both tainted goods who have made the sport, and particularly the womens race more unmarketable to the mainstream media than drugs ever did. Once they and their ilk are gone the sport may pick up a bit. Don is tainted by the same brush which is why he is largely ignored.

eh?

Presumably been reading the ST thread on CW and the comments by that bellend Pubes.
r0bh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonmonkey02 wrote:
FoulOleRon wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:

eh?

Presumably been reading the ST thread on CW and the comments by that bellend Pubes.

No, it's Tony Stark's obsessive campaign against athletes coached by Brett Sutton
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the slowtwitch massive are frothing in their lycra after reading that Sanders was only 4 minutes off Wiltshire in the Kona swim yesterday!

I suspect Wiltshire won't be far from the front of the water and if there is a spot prize for fastest swim like there usually is he might go for it.

But, was Sanders digging deep for a swim like that which would hurt him on the run.

Jeff
crumpy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
I suspect the slowtwitch massive are frothing in their lycra after reading that Sanders was only 4 minutes off Wiltshire in the Kona swim yesterday!

I suspect Wiltshire won't be far from the front of the water and if there is a spot prize for fastest swim like there usually is he might go for it.

But, was Sanders digging deep for a swim like that which would hurt him on the run.

Jeff

As well as digging deep, 4 mins is still a long time with the benefits of the Kona train out of T1.

Not able to see past Frodo and Kienle. Both on different level to most.

Wildcard is Patrick Nilsson. Couple of great performances this year. Super quick. Doing it in Kona takes something else. Normally someone breaks the mould so that's my long shot.

Giving it to our Rachel J to take advantage of mechanicals for victory 🖕
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bh wrote:
moonmonkey02 wrote:
FoulOleRon wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:

eh?

No, it's Tony Stark's obsessive campaign against athletes coached by Brett Sutton

Yep, and it costs most of us (clubs, kids, parents, schools etc.) every day in time, money for all the screenings, precautions, regulations that have been put in place. Mental stress that we (particularly adult males) might in some way be accused of even looking at a kid the wrong way, and yet when one coach is actually caught screwing a 12 yr old for a number of years you all seem to think that is perfectly fine for him to continue to practice, and for athletes at the forefront of the sport to pay him, including using public funds, for his coaching abilities. If Salazar, or Brailsford had a similar conviction , how far do you think they, and athletes associated with them would get? Would they freely be able to visit the UK, coach public sessions, sell their books and on-line services?
Do you think the MSM don't know of BS's history, and ignore LD Tri for other reasons? One thing Les Macdonald did know all too well was that BS should not be permitted anywhere near ITU-sanctioned events and he tried pretty hard to uphold that.
So call me obsessed if you like, but scum like BS do affect my every day life and I don't really see which part of his convicted behaviour I or anyone else should feel particularly tolerant towards. By knowing of his background and still opting to pay him, what message are Wellington and Ryf and Don and Swallow and many others choosing to send to everyone else in the sport - that all transgressions will be forgiven as long as you are otherwise pretty good at your job?
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see past Frodeno or Keinle unless either have a mechanical or bad day.

3rd could be among a few, got to say I've not followed the elites much this year. Don would need to have a good day to go top 5, not sure he'll get much higher.

Ryf for the ladies as well, I suspect Carfrae will be chasing her down on the run but unless she's made improvements to the swim\bike I doubt she'll catch her.

Not sure about many of the other ladies, Joyce has experience but not sure of her form, Charles has impressed a few times this year.

I'll try and find a startlist to see who is actually racing!

Jeff
CrazyGirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:

3rd could be among a few, got to say I've not followed the elites much this year. Don would need to have a good day to go top 5, not sure he'll get much higher.

Ryf for the ladies as well, I suspect Carfrae will be chasing her down on the run but unless she's made improvements to the swim\bike I doubt she'll catch her.

Not sure about many of the other ladies, Joyce has experience but not sure of her form, Charles has impressed a few times this year.

Jeff

Carfrae had a baby 7 weeks ago!

Rachel Joyce and Nikki Bartlett for upsets
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyGirl wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Jeff

Carfrae had a baby 7 weeks ago!

Rachel Joyce and Nikki Bartlett for upsets

Lol, I said I hadn't been watching the pro scene much this year, I was surprised no-one had mentioned her and that explains why (the baby).

Jeff
snowie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoulOleRon wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:

eh?

WTF
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
Wellington, Ryf are both tainted goods

I thought you were going down another avenue here.
Mungo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know why LS changed his mind?
I read an article on why the fastest Ironman, Arizona I think, was missing Kona ... Next thing he's having a go?!
Can he really get "help" from faster swimmers in pacing him to T1?
Why?
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LS was originally going to focus on 70.3 (and the World Champs)/top end speed and especially swimming so that he could have a real run at Kona 2018.

As to why he changed his mind I suspect the STers are hoping that his swimming has improved so dramatically that there's no need to wait. There may be something in this, but I suspect the looming prospect of Gomez and even Brownlee in 2018 may have made 2017 a bit 'now or never'.

Odder was his 'I'm not racing any 12m drafting rule races' announcement, followed by confirmed Kona entry....

If LS comes out of the drink 3 mins down, rides to the head of the race, blasts out of T2 in the lead then blows and walks out of the Energy Lab then ST will be a very entertaining place Laughing Wink Razz
Mungo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is his bike that Strong?
Bit pointless going full gas to be at the head of affairs to know you are going to be run down by all three Germans.

I don't understand the 12M comment?
I was 7m in my last race... was I drafting?!?
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:

If LS comes out of the drink 3 mins down, rides to the head of the race, blasts out of T2 in the lead then blows and walks out of the Energy Lab then ST will be a very entertaining place Laughing Wink Razz

I'll give you any odds it won't be his fault, packs drafting, moto drafting, there'll be some kind of excuse, I'm sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: