Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Andrew Talansky ... Ironman

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PhilleusPhogg




Joined: 11 May 2015
Posts: 240

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Andrew Talansky ... Ironman Reply with quote

After his surprise early retirement from cycling, Talansky's announced on Instagram that he's moving over to Ironman.

He's apparently got backers and has a "competitive background" in swimming and running in his younger days so reading between the lines it would seem he's thinking he'll be competitive. Will be interesting given he's only 28. Particularly if he really can swim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16414
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the WTC are pretty lax with professional athletes in certain areas.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
newMan




Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 2122

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that his team has lost his title sponsor he might not have much choice.

I don't know much ago him but google doesn't suggest any positive tests or rumours?
_________________
My Blog : http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/view.php?b=562
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magnacarter




Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that he spent most of his career with Slipstream, he's perhaps a bit more likely than some others to be clean.... with that team, I guess he'll have spent time for sure with David Millar as a guide, so at least he'll have had plenty of assistance in staying 'unprepared'!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out... I can see some fantastic bike legs followed by exciting chase downs on the run coming out of it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whisk




Joined: 09 Jun 2005
Posts: 8436
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newMan wrote:
Given that his team has lost his title sponsor he might not have much choice.



They got a new sponsor in the end, so the team is honouring all existing contracts.
_________________
2016: Just riding my bike....
Hot Chillee ride captain (sponsored by WattBike, Cervelo, Mavic, Lazer, Continental, Le Marq, Garmin, Sportique, Pro-Cycle Insurance, Maserati)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tri'ing Swimmer




Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming this will be a significant drop in salary for him? So must be quite confident on really making it to the pointy end of tri, or other reasons why he didnt want to just cycle any more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SidSnot




Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 1555

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/talansky-on-transition-from-professional-cycling-to-triathlon/

Interesting article, aiming for Kona in 2018 with
Quote:
Kona 2020 is where we're going to see what I might be capable of

_________________
@sidmott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14815
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/talansky-on-transition-from-professional-cycling-to-triathlon/

Interesting article, aiming for Kona in 2018 with
Quote:
Kona 2020 is where we're going to see what I might be capable of


you need 2020 vision to see that far ahead...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hammerer




Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16333
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnacarter wrote:
Given that he spent most of his career with Slipstream, he's perhaps a bit more likely than some others to be clean.... with that team, I guess he'll have spent time for sure with David Millar as a guide, so at least he'll have had plenty of assistance in staying 'unprepared'!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out... I can see some fantastic bike legs followed by exciting chase downs on the run coming out of it!


Good old Dave Millar, the bastion for all that is clean and pure in professional cycling.

Rolling Eyes
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 302
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Magnacarter wrote:
Given that he spent most of his career with Slipstream, he's perhaps a bit more likely than some others to be clean.... with that team, I guess he'll have spent time for sure with David Millar as a guide, so at least he'll have had plenty of assistance in staying 'unprepared'!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out... I can see some fantastic bike legs followed by exciting chase downs on the run coming out of it!


Good old Dave Millar, the bastion for all that is clean and pure in professional cycling.

Rolling Eyes


Not to mention Tom Danielson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16414
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of Millars, did anyone else see that Robert Millar has now gender transitioned? Now known as Phillipa Yorke iirc. I read the book 'In Search of Robert Millar' about 8 years ago. Good read. Anyway, I digress.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Magnacarter




Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
Magnacarter wrote:
Given that he spent most of his career with Slipstream, he's perhaps a bit more likely than some others to be clean.... with that team, I guess he'll have spent time for sure with David Millar as a guide, so at least he'll have had plenty of assistance in staying 'unprepared'!

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out... I can see some fantastic bike legs followed by exciting chase downs on the run coming out of it!


Good old Dave Millar, the bastion for all that is clean and pure in professional cycling.

Rolling Eyes


Yep, he's been very much on the wrong side of right here.... but he does seem to have become a bit of a reformed character.... we'll never know for sure, but he does come across to me, as a bit like an ex smoker who is viciously opposed to smoking!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.